did some riding today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
took my first real ride since getting home from joe's. with my wrist bothering me i hadn't been on the wing since last saturday, tendons take a long time to heal. i headed west on I-94 and exited at the ann arbor / saline exit ( exit #176 ) and followed saline rd. until it ended. made a right on pleasant lake rd. and followed that to m-52, m52 south to us-12. the closer i got to michigan international speedway the heavier traffic got. after making it pass the race track everyone was cruising about 65mph. i stayed on us-12 all the way out to cold water, mi. from there i took I-69 north but exited at m-60 and rodet hat back to jackson, mi. where i jumped on I-94 for home. i spent just over six hours in the saddle and the wrist was only irritated which quickly went away each time i got off the bike to fuel so next weekend i am goingt o ride to north ridgeville, oh

Congrats on the wrist healing. I would have liked a little more ride time with you. Next time maybe.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93219#p93219:2pwor5pj said:
brianinpa » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:13 pm[/url]":2pwor5pj]
William I am glad you are on the mend and back in the saddle!
mee too!! :)
one of the worst things you can do is pull a tendon. when i was in my 20's i pull the tendons around my ancle , it was mid-may when it happened. by september i was walking normal again but couldn't run or jump. i was finally able to run and jump the following spring

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93234#p93234:2xle38zx said:
Piper » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 pm[/url]":2xle38zx]
Glad your wrist is feeling better William
its almost healed, another week or two and it will seem like it never happened

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129171#p129171:3rfmbycj said:
Trak » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 pm[/url]":3rfmbycj]
? cruise? throttle lock? make it easier on the wrist,, idk what kind of throttle locks on mine, but it works great.
the 1500 has cruise control but I hardly ever use it. while down at joes last year we went to breakfast and I couldn't get the wing off the side stand when we left. when we got back to joes house I was really struggling on the gravel and decided to go back to the motel to put some ice on my wrist. its been just over a year and my wrist still has some tenderness but its been good enough to do two iron butt rides, go on the moonshine lunch run, and a trip to Frackville pa to meet up with the australians once again

ansimp I rode over to Frackville to meet up with eric and Vanessa, they are from Adelaide sth Australia and ride a 1200 wing at home. they also have a 1500 wing that was stored in Frackville at a friends ( bill ) house. from Frackville the headed south to the atlanta area the on to texas finally ending up in the seattle area where they left the wing with another friend of ours name ron. after their visit with ron he took them to Canada so they could catch their flight back to oz