Dragging knee on a 1800 at the track.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could just imagine the one bike that passed him saying "Oh come on, you friggen kidding me!?" :smilie_happy:

The Goldwing seemed to keep up pretty good with the others, or was he one lap behind? :smilie_happy:

the goldwing look at lot better than me still if i was on that goldwing it wouldnt be pretty i dont think i could keep it on the track at all and im sure its not going to handle well in the infeild where id be at :help: :shock: :Doh2: :whistling: :mrgreen:

I've noticed my bikes don't like to turn. I have to manhandle them quite agressively in the twisties and the faster I go the more sluggish they seem to get. But they sure do like the highway though!

That would be fun to practice on a controlled environment and I hear the 1800s are a lot more agile than 1100.
I have never rode a 1800 and I don't want to till the bike is in my budget, plus I'm not a Hot Rodder I just love the feel of the open road.
Here's another guy on a 1800 that can really ride.

I have rode bikes almost all my life , well over 40 years of it anyway , I'm ( 59 ) and have owned many different bikes , and I LOVE speed and the smell of tire smoke...... BUT, I'll admit when I first got my Goldwing, it was BIG , WIDE , and I was a little afraid of it . and even now after riding it a while , there is noway I could take a corner on it like that . or at least there is noway I would try it. :smilie_happy:

:clapping: Outstanding that's the way to ride !!! :rocks: :rocks: But he was safe enought to due on the track there are to many IF's on the streat :help: :rtfm: But it dose show WHAT a WING can due !!!! No it woulnd'nt win the race but if need be you could get away from a cager that's trying to make you a hood orement...we have seen it can be done IF you Have the expenance!!! I use to ride my CB 900 full dress with a steped up motor hard (when not pulling the trailer) and was eatin g the pigs a look teaching young rider on there crachrockers how to get though corners but that was a long long time ago!! Now I ride with my BRAIN turned on :good: :good: The enjoyment of the the ride is the maine facter now just need a little more time to REVOVER from this STROKE I had all most there but not yet could but don't want to push it and run the risk of messing up and not being able to ride at all!!!!! There are two things I have left in my life My LOVELY SUsanne and RIDING my WING :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Ride SAFE ..Marcus