Drat Drat and DOUBLE drat!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
:sensored: :rant: :sensored:
So...there I wuz last nite, drivin down the road, mindin my own :sensored: bidness, and on my dash display I see "STOP ENGINE"---"ENGINE OVERHEATED"
WHUT? :shock: I manage to get over to da right side of da road, under a bridge...did I mention it be rainin? Anywho, I gits out, opens da hood, and see...well...nuttin. It's dark, it's rainin, and the rush hour traffic be whizzin by just darin me to step out just one more inch. I check the raditater, and..it's dry as a bone.... :crying: :crying: and don't smell too gud.
So I calls Mama, and Mama calls the insurance for roadside assistance...I get a call aboot 15 minutes later from an automated service, tellin me it's guna be "55 mintes" for service. Thanks. Did I mention it's rainin? And it's 40 degrees? And I gots no heat?
Aboot 45 minutes later, some feller that barely speaks englese calls, wantin to know where I am, cause all they tell heem is on I-20. After aboot 5 minutes I finally get him to unnerstand where I am....He eventually shows up... at a car aboot 1/2 mile BEHIND me. :rant:
He eventually pulls up to where I am, got the car loaded, and I bangs me haid on the dadgum mirror on the side of the truck, dang near knocked meself out. :head bang:
Then, I have to tell heem 15 times when we get to the house to just drop it in the street, and I'll pull it in the driveway. And....it's rainin even harder now, and I've sit with the flashies on so long the dam battery is bout ded, so I gotta use my booster box to get it started and in the driveway. Can't look at or attempt a fix until it stops rainin. Might be a while.... :Awe: And...since it's rainin, and will be for the next 20 years or so, I cain't ride the Wing, so I had to steal Mama's car for a few days. I may get a new battery for her Corvette and just drive it....
Just to make the beginin of this fine year more interesting, I also dang near cut my friggin thumb off last Friday...it herts to this very day.

:ahem: So...how's the New Year treatin ya'll? :whistling:

I guess my new year is startin' out better than yours, but at least you have another "survivor" story to laugh about in the years to come! I hope the car is an easy fix.

My signature says it all:

So far this year I haven't had a single day off work. Getting up at 4:30am is not my cup of tea. My truck has been running rough so I bought a carb off ebay supposedly off a running car. Choke is froze up and linkage is bent from someone trying to free it. So I ordered a rebuilt Holley carb again from an ebay seller. The carb arrived in the holley box but it's an old rochester. The truck I'm driving doesn't have a heater in it. I have a heater to install but no days off to attempt it.

:shock: See my mammy said there was always someone worse off than I was, and dang if she weren't right. I thought this third round of blood test and a colonoscopey next Monday was bad but ya'll got me thanking my lucky stars :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

It appears that the dang plastic tank on the raditator has split....oh goody.

bcassel":232t9tf6 said:
So, why can't you ride your Wing in the rain?

Wull...I HAVE ridden in da rain...but I gets wet that way. Plus...it's 40 degrees here. Now....I can stand the cold(to a point), and I can stand gettin a little wet, but I cannot handle being cold AND wet. I prefer to not spend the next couple of weeks in da hospital. :good:

slabghost":232t9tf6 said:
Back in the bad ole days I used to use an old milk jug if that happened.

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

dan filipi":232t9tf6 said:
4- 1 gallon water jugs fit perfectly in an Interstate trunk btw.
Ask slab how I know this

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

On a slightly happier note(one of, if not the the ONLY one I've had this week :crying: ), the weather was pleasant enough today for me to ride! Ya HOO! :yahoo: High 40s this morn, and low 70s this afternoon. Really nice cruise home after werk....which, btw, absolutely SUCKED this week. I will say this...I don't know who I've t-eed off, but apparently they have put a curse on me....I'll not bore anyone with the details, just suffice to say that this week has been prolly the most miserable week of werk I have ever had.

Goin to get a new raditater fer da Cad tommory...and guess whut? It's s'pose to be raining this weekend, too. Oh the joy.... :swoon: :head bang:

So much for the Texas drought! I hope the Caddy radiator isn't too much of a b--ch to change! I sure miss my '63 Falcon... Easiest car to work on I've ever had, and rarely needed any!