Dumb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcarron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went foor a ride today.Every thing going great.Good time great weather then bam.A lady stops suddenly and I couldn't find the rear brake pedal for THOSE$^%^%$ linked brakes.Mashed the heck out of the front brake handle.Luckly I held the bike upright and did no damage to the bike or truck.But I can hear a chirping noise from the front wheel.I guess I might have messed up the wheel bearings or worse the axel too.Just in time for the riding season!

it dosnt sound that bad ....check the rotors to ....but yeah ...get the front end up and take the wheel off and check everything out .... :Doh2: :rant: :ahem: :head bang: :mrgreen: :builder: :builder: :builder: :whistling: :mrgreen:

I'm sitting here reading stuff and I read your story, for the life of me I tried really hard not to laugh, NO NO I'm glad your ok, but your a funny dude.. I couldn't help it the churping noise got the best of me.. ha ha.. sorry man,, funny stuff..fix it.. ha ha sorry I'm still laughing.. :smilie_happy: Are you sure you don't have a bird in there somewhere, No No just kidding... :smilie_happy: I'd start with the brakes, remove them from the rotor's and give the wheel a spin, feel for any play, play not good..The brake pedel is on the right side ha ha... :smilie_happy: Thanks for making my day I hope you get it sorted out and very glad you are ok..I wasn't feeling so good earlier but I'm feeling better now..

I agree doesn't sound that bad, not bad enough to do any damage anyway.
Afterall the brake was doing what it was designed to do.

Until you get it up in the air and spin it it's anyones guess what's causing the noise.

I'd bet it's a brake squeak, too. Might have grabbed the rotor hard enough to possibly move the caliper just enough for it to rub on the rotor.
Glad you were able to stop without hitting anything, tho.....that's a scary few seconds, for sure.

Appropriate name for the post. "Nuff said. Maybe a bigger foot pad on the brake lever would help? Chirp if it is from the brake is likely just the one side operated by the hand lever. Yes check it all including the fork tubes.

Yea after I got home I had to laugh at my self too.I can only imagine what the folks around me thought.I just knew I had messed up the front fender.Should have seen it coming. :head bang: :yahoo: