ebay again, handlebar risers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handle bar risers are a funny animal, either you love them or you hate them, if you love them you use them, if you hate them you pull them off and throw them in a box under the bench forgetting about them until years later, or you throw them away as soon as you take them off the bike. I don't think very many are being made anymore so it is a sellers market and I've seen them advertised for as much as a hundred dollars, so when I found those I thought it was news worthy of being passed along. Risers are a pretty universal product, if you know the bolt spread you can cross reference with other Honda's and bikes form other manufactures and shop some of the other ebay sites in search of a set. I've always liked them, because they let you custom fit the bike you your particular taste in riding position, as in they will allow you to use those clubman bars when you would otherwise be to old and stiff to reach. :yahoo:

fastmover83":25p7x99z said:
Handle bar risers are a funny animal, either you love them or you hate them, if you love them you use them, if you hate them you pull them off and throw them in a box under the bench forgetting about them until years later, or you throw them away as soon as you take them off the bike. I don't think very many are being made anymore so it is a sellers market and I've seen them advertised for as much as a hundred dollars, so when I found those I thought it was news worthy of being passed along. Risers are a pretty universal product, if you know the bolt spread you can cross reference with other Honda's and bikes form other manufactures and shop some of the other ebay sites in search of a set. I've always liked them, because they let you custom fit the bike you your particular taste in riding position, as in they will allow you to use those clubman bars when you would otherwise be to old and stiff to reach. :yahoo:

Yes sir, thanks for passing it on!

The seller got back to me and will ship for $4.95 small flat rate. Cool.

Hey, every dollar adds up especially when you don't have any :fiddle: .

chasrogers":29hntvs7 said:
cool but he is a internet dealer of parts and might not sway from the shipping price as he has to pack them and take them to ups. but is always worth the asking. you never know. I can not remember what it cost me to ship the risers to gerry he got them from me for his bike PS my rebuild is going well got the bike mostly back to gether just have to put the clairion radio in the ferring and mount it back on the bike only thing I would like to get is the cb unit for the systen it is a clarion 2 system if you know of one or run across one you know I am looking for one let me know in a pm thanks chasrogers Charlie
I put them on, adjusted the seat and handlebars and would never go back! :music: No strain on my arms at all now!

carl62cycles":1e78oejm said:
dan filipi":1e78oejm said:
Cool, they are paid for and should have them in a week or so :rocks:
Show us some pics when you get them or mount them :yes: .

Will do!

chasrogers":3qplp4n8 said:
Maybe Gerry will be able to post some pictures of his bike with the risers he got from me. charlie
Will do! (Hard to get to the bike right now, the '81 engine is all in pieces on the floor of my garage and I didn't have any room before that!)

Risers have shipped!

I'm looking forward to these.

With all the putsing around I've been doing with cams and timing and valve adjustments and test rides it will be nice to put on something simple with immediate results.

dan filipi":2sk11dji said:
Risers have shipped!

I'm looking forward to these.

With all the putsing around I've been doing with cams and timing and valve adjustments and test rides it will be nice to put on something simple with immediate results.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Think so???? :smilie_happy: I spent a few hours adjusting the seat forward and back, test rides, adjust handlebars up and down, test rides, move seat again, test rides until I got it right! :smilie_happy:

Ok guys,I have a question for you all.I want to put a set of 16"ape hangers on the old girl,but I dont want to go with 7/8s bars.Cant fine chrome hand control for 7/8 bars.so I would like to go with a biger bar like a 1" or 1 1/4".Was even thinking of doing the old school look with the twisted bars.have seen them is 7/8s but no chrom handcontrols for them.Any thoughts

Im wanting every thing on the bar's to be chrome.I dont have a pic yet.but will post one soon.I just never been able to fine them them in 7/8s

seems like a sleeve of some kind would work but what about all the cable and hoses ...that would be what would stop me ...i couldnt get past all that cost ...i think i could get pass the bars but i have meyal band saws to split conduit or even plastic pipe could siliconed on the 7/8" bars ....plastic sounds good to it would rust ...find somethind that would fit the grips you want .....heck scratch it dont sound to hard to come up with something that would work well.... :mrgreen:

Hello Joe.Thats what happen last year.did not want to change the cables.but now gas cable is broken and it would be the right time now to do it.I have seen what your talking about and it did not look right.