Elephant in the room ears

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think it would reveal on the video, but it's not an exhaust leak or a valve tick. It's deeper, but it don't hear it when I raise the rpm. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

:beg: eric it might be the one carb not handling things good ...you know for sure how hard it is for stock carbs to work right ... maybe just something like that going on ....now i want to know how wild you rode it on last ride ... give it up ....if you get pass this ok ...take it easy eric ... these motors are 200 proof and no joke .... :blush: :whip:

Sounds like it might be idling too low. Nothing sounds bad, maybe just a carb adjustment and sync. figure out the tick too, sounds like an exhaust leak but so does a stray spark and a stray spark will drop a cylinder momentarily and give you poor idle and engine clatter.

Checked sync, it's good. No spark miss. Might be idling low, but as it warms up, it is good. As for Joe's question about last night. I left one stop light last night and the back end just went sideways for a second. I am going to have to put the 16" tire on just for kicks. Been dreaming of a way to get a camera mounted.

Eric, my opinion is that the idle is just too low. My 1100 sounds exactly like that if I actually set the idle below 950. My engine needs to be set at 1000 or 1050 to be absolutely smooth, no noises and the oil light does not come on.

That little tick sound...mine will do the same if the idle is too low.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125073#p125073:3g7teggd said:
ekvh » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:10 pm[/url]":3g7teggd]
Idle is over a thousand, maybe 1100. I don't like the way they shift under way with a low idle.
Hmmm...are you sure? (Either my tach is reading too high or yours might be reading low?) That sure sounds like 920?

Idle sounds low to me as well. Try and hook up a tune up electrical tacho to check your gauge calibration or an optical tacho.

Latest posts