Engine rebuild, split case.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevej's wing

Reaction score
Well I split the case and it did have a bend rod on number 4 cylinder.
Weird thing is there is no sign of the piston hitting the valves or spun rod bearing.
The only thing I can think of if water got into the cylinder and the engine hydrauliced.
Going to need a rod, rod bearings and other STUFF.
Anyone know where you can get rod bearings for these beasts? :rant:

Depending on the color code on the bearing, many parts suppliers still have some. I got mine at Babbitt's Online (hondapartshouse.com). Look for a small dab of paint on the bearing shell - brown, green, blue, yellow, or black. There are also numbers and letters etched on the rods and crank throws, and stamped into the front of the case, just behind the timing belt tensioner. Use these, and the charts in the Honda Service manual (crankshaft and pistons), in the gallery. The brown coded bearings are the most common, and more are available. If you see "2", "B", and "II" marked on the areas I listed, the bearings will be brown codes.

How do your bearings look? Is there copper showing? Post pics if you can. Used pistons and rods are a dime a dozen on Ebay, or I'm sure there are plenty floating around here.