Fairing Gauge Panel

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shogun

Reaction score
Hi,Wish to add and Original Dash panel to my 1981 Interstate,and found 2 different types of them. A rounded panel and a square panel.Which one is the Hondaline model? Pictures in attach. Appreciate any comments about to search for one

Attachments

• GL1100Dash.jpg
    GL1100Dash.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 218
I believe they both bolt up in the same place but the one on top is from a 83. I don't know if either or both are "Hondaline," just different years. I had the one on top and really liked it, the LED gauges are cool.

~O~

Thanks friends,then I know now what to look for. Do you know where to get it at a reasonable price and in good working condition? ,I´ve search on EBay but none found.Thanks

Interesting...Ebay usually has several empty panels, and individual gauges and brackets. By the way, there is a very slight difference in the brackets for the two panels - I learned the hard way.

Thanks Steve for warning,I will search for the panel w/round gauges and take care to get it with proper brackets

Not sure but the 82-83 digital gauges may take different connector on the wireing harness. You could probably splice it in, the ambient temp may use an electronic thermister so you need that too.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106884#p106884:5wb1kdno said:
zman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:13 pm[/url]":5wb1kdno]
Not sure but the 82-83 digital gauges may take different connector on the wireing harness. You could probably splice it in, the ambient temp may use an electronic thermister so you need that too.

Yes the ambient temp sensor is needed. I put mine where the cig lighter was in the fairing but I read some place it actually goes under the headlight on the fairing.

~O~

That is why I´m looking to buy analogic gauges that were used in the 80´s

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106898#p106898:2mzk6ly5 said:
shogun » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm[/url]":2mzk6ly5]
That is why I´m looking to buy analogic gauges that were used in the 80´s
Another thought is to look for the silverwing pod as well, almost certain it is the same faring and pod. Best to look for a complete one, if not the only hard guage to find is the ambient temp, the others seem to pop up frequently for 20 or less . just so you know these are the 52MM guages so VDO guage will replace any you cannot locate or for that matter StewartWarner or any guage you like in that size.

I have all four gauges for the round type available. I used the panel to install a radio, so I have the temp gauge, voltmeter, clock and altimeter if anyone would like/need one or all. PM and we'll work something out.

Bob