Finally got it back together

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler

Reaction score
I had to replace the waterpump so thought I'd take care of a few other things at the same time:
replaced the timing belts, thermostat, radiator hoses, valve cover gaskets, and the spark plug wires & caps (thanks again Jim :thanks: ). What started out to be a weekend job last Spring, got extended over the entire riding season due to a number of unexpected obligations. :( BUT, it's finally done. Started up okay, no leaks, no funny noises. Flushed the cooling system, filled with Dex-Cool, then finished installing the rest of the components. Too late for a test ride tonight but tomorrow is supposed to to sunny. I'm a happy camper! :grin:
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_5258 resized.JPG
    IMG_5258 resized.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 121
Although it was but 45 degrees and cloudy here in New England yesterday, it was dry. So I was able to take the Wing out for a test drive on the super slab. Everything worked just fine and I'm still smiling. :grin: Got a nor'easter coming through the next couple of days, but it's looking good for Veteran's Day so I should be able to get out for a ride on Thursday. Next big project will probably be some carb work to improve idling.

Very nice looking Bike , and Pictures..... hey jdegase I was looking at your pictures too........ looks like you have the same stereo on your bike that I have.... I got mine from wal-mart on a close out sale cheap.... works like a million . :music: