first good icing test for hooch

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am suffering a worse icing issue than hooch is .....just now hooch was running ..for maybe 10 minutes ...at first cranked right up ... set throttle lock at about 2500 for couple minutes then revv a few times idle settled into about 1200rpm ran it like that awhile ... when i went back out hit the throttle a few times revved as always nice and quick ...this is serious test ... i dont think there will be any heating put on this bike for icing ...no way i was going to ride it today wind blowing bigtime ...

opps its 36degrees out :cheeky:

well another super cold day with lite snow falling at times ...hooch is running smooth and great ...absolutely no icing issues again its about 32 dgrees when i fired it up was much colder ....looks like there saying down in the teens tonight so i was told ..hard not to be pleased here. except for the testing weather in general is not to my likening

Looks like most of the country is getting an "icing" test. Someone please turn the thermostat back up!
:0fftopic: :head bang: :thanks:

ok had icing issues yesterday when running hooch ... about 30 -32 degrees and humid cloudy day ...there was ice forming on the outside of runners ...it was totally cause by the inside the runner fuel charge ... and will only stay there while it being fed by carb ... small ride actually reduce the icing on the runners ...and was surprise to see theat setting still was the worst thing and icing would just get more and more thick on outside of runner ....and that actually the slow idle flow actually causes the icing to happen more as time to the piston is it slowest.....

it was in no way a day one would want to ride ... but that dose not excuse the icing ... it dose happen and can be a problem .... i am going to look things over big time and try some stuff here ......

it actually ran rather well while the icing was going on ...but no where near easy ridable :thanks:

Well if the temp is right around freezing and it is humid then it wouldn't take much for ice to form. Like you say, not in the temp range for riding anyway so not really an issue IMO. :good:

Brian

Is icing on the outside even an issue?
I suppose it could become so if it keeps building up and affecting running somehow or blocking linkage parts but my understanding of the whole icing deal is icing inside the carb where it starts obstructing fuel or air flow.

Latest posts