first ride of 2011 !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, last saturday was nice here, 50 or so and sunny all day... got the bike from the back of the storage barn to the front, and got her fired up.
after the initial seafoam smoked out, she warmed up and run real good...
now, my intention was to trailer the bike to the garage so I could get to work on it before and during our spring break...
but since it was sooo nice out....
image.php

yup got to ride a few miles and get her all tucked into the garage and ready for some needed attention.

now things went kinda ugly for us this week weather wise....
this is what I woke up to this morning....

image.php

Guys you really dont know how lucky you are to have good weather :D

But hey ! I did get a ride!​
:yahoo:​

Well Jim if I understand the enviromentalests the snow was your fault...That Sea Foam you ran through your bike went up to the Ionasphere and caused a hole and allowed the snow that was stuck up ther to get loose...so ni the future be more careful !!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :oops: :swoon: :party: :whistling: :whistling:

toytender01":3lcl3hxc said:
Well Jim if I understand the enviromentalests the snow was your fault...That Sea Foam you ran through your bike went up to the Ionasphere and caused a hole and allowed the snow that was stuck up ther to get loose...so ni the future be more careful !!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :oops: :swoon: :party: :whistling: :whistling:

Now I know who to blame.

Got a nice ride in on saterday also,and then on sunday winter came back.Gotta love michigan.

Dan,temp gauges here dont get above 1/8 untell april,

I GOT MY RIDE IN ON MONDAY :clapping: ..BETWEEN THE RAIN STORMES.. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: .ONLY 106 MILES , AT ABOUT 50 MILES IT STARTED TO SPRINKLE SO I TURNED AROUND AND BACK TRACKED ,JUST AHEAD OF THE RAIN...DIDEN'T EVEN GET WET.... :salute: BUT IF I HAD BEEN 15 MIN LATER I WOULD HAVE BEEN SOAKED TO THE SKIN :heat: :whistling: :whistling:

Get soaked on a ride home here you'll get off as a popsicle! Flippin winter just won't go!!! :head bang: :Awe:

dan filipi":uy72tsqv said:
jd, why is your engine temp running so low?
actually it was only slightly lower than normal. I think because it was only about 56 deg. out. but my bike never gets much above 1/4 even when its very hot out and I'm riding her hard... and beleive it or not it still has the thermostat intact.

cold this whole week... will be burning the woodstove just to work on the bike... but with any luck she'll be ready when it warms up again :beg:

forgot to mention...
my dad found a bike and bought it last week.... hopeing he'll get logged on here.
he found a nice looking 84' 1200 aspencade :music:

almost ready to ride. just needs a bit of spring cleaning.

dan filipi":2c2ry5ef said:
We'll give him a warm welcome but tell him pics, we gotta have pics! :whip: :smilie_happy:

not sure when he'll get around to registering.. I know he's been working on it so I figuered I would post one till he can get on and put up some more :d

image.php

Looks real nice at a really decent price. How many miles? I think the older Goldwings are the best bargain (kinda the best kept secret) on the road. With gas prices being what they are and where they're going, I'm glad my second car is a bike. And I love to ride.
:Egyptian:

41000 ... the owner replaced the whole dash to fix the messed up fuel gauge.. but sent the original dash with the bike...
so we are going to put the original dash back in, and just change out the fuel gauge..

he also send both headsets. but dad needs a cb for the bike... and one channel (side) in the radio doesnt play right.. so were looking into that too... not sure if its the tuner or the amp yet.

too cold to work on it outside today.. :good:

Plenty more miles left on that bike. It's supposed to be in the mid 70's by next weekend here. Just put a set of tires on my bike and looking forward to riding with my son. Nine years on the old tires. Bought my bike about 6 months ago. Never have felt comfortable riding it with the old tires. Looking forward to next weekend. Had to be a long winter for you.

Damn, all this talk about riding and the nice weather coming next week.
I gotta get those back brakes done!
Priority though HAS to be new brakes on the work truck this weekend :crying:

I've got front brakes and rotors to do on the Honda Civic. Just noticed a few days ago metal to metal noise. The 2005 has about 125,000 miles and this will be the second set of pads (no rotors). Better do rear shoes too. Never been done. Just finished replacing timing belts on the Civic and before that the timing belts on the bike. It sure does save on money doing it yourself and you know its getting done right. Still have to go for a ride on the bike. I'll work on the car at night if I have to. I'm thinking about making that ride to Paso Robles at the end of April. I've got to put some miles on the bike first to be sure it won't let me down.
:beg:

Latest posts