Fishing story

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
My brother in law brought his family to visit and spent the night. He brought his fishing poles, so next morning we head out to the pier. No luck. I did hook a halibut, looked to be about 3' long, but he let go in the air on the way up to the pier. After my brother in law got bored and decided we could leave, I reeled in one of my lines which had a crab that was too small to keep.

The good thing is.... brother in law went home, and I still live here, and I know that halibut is in there! :fishin: :good:

I love when that happens, I took my ex brother in law out on a small boat once at a local lake here and I was catching one catfish after the next on my side of the boat, but on his side of the boat he caught none..I didn't know what to do but giggle a little... :fishin: :Egyptian:

Since I worked as a Captain for a lot of years and some of those years on commercial fishing vessels, everyone assumes I love to go fishing. But the reality is, after seeing 2 tons of thousands of fish dumped on the deck tow after tow, chasing one fish at a time with a single hook and one fishing line seemed almost ridiculous! :smilie_happy:

Trot lines, yes, I have done that we used to set and run them down at the coast, in the bays, the Redfish would run thru at night and hook themselves and we would check them in the mornings, we caught some real nice redfish man..I can spend hours fishing, it's always a thrill for me..I don't care if I'm just catching bluegills all day, once I did that, caught about 20 or so and brought them home, I used my small bandsaw and just cut the heads off and tails really quickly, cleaned the rest and man I fried them up and those were fantasic eats man.. Man we grew up eating beans and cornbread...

I would like to take my brother-in-law fishing like Fredo Corleone got taken fishing in The Godfather, part 2.
"You broke my heart. You broke my heart"
Simba

Attachments

• 220px-Cazale_Godfather2.jpg
    220px-Cazale_Godfather2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 199
simbaboy":21drrlyz said:
I would like to take my brother-in-law fishing like Fredo Corleone in The Godfather.
Simba
Or you could just give me a call.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

used to fish all the time , haven't went but one time this year. went out on the atlantic in florida. fished the ohio river,little miami ohio. white water in ohio.big south fork in tn. gutherville ala.sturgenbay wis. lake mich. gulf in ala.and florida.best place was in a ky pond.

Forget about fishing.........what about clams???? (Lot easier to catch!) :smilie_happy:

Okay......how about....LOTS of CLAMS!!!

Clams.jpg

Each cage is 3'x4'x6' tall and holds 40 bushels of clams. There are 96 cages on this boat for a total of 3,840 bushels of surf clams! Surf clams are about 8"-12" across the shell and are used for clam strips and only the best chowders!

Here is a pic of the ship:

Easy Rider.jpg

(BTW, that's my Wife up there on the bridge!)

Laura on Bridge.jpg

Like this, I'm the master at it, " I have some Pullies.".. just ask anyone, I'm constantly in trouble for it.. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :fishin:

Took my sisters boyfriend fishing once. Went to dam outside TN, fishing for trout off dam wall about 40 feet up from water. after an hour or so of no luck, I watched him cast out and let go of everything....heck with the trout! I had to fish my pole back outta the water!