For Pleasure or Necessity?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
My wife and I enjoy our motorcycles, but we were talking last night about our true necessity for them. We use ours mainly for pleasure....just to get out and ride...to enjoy and unwind. It seems to us that this is most likely the reason other people in our area have motorcycles. On normal week days we see very few bikers, but on weekends or holidays, there are dozens on the road, and most are couples riding together.
So...out of curiosity, how do you feel about yours? Is it used mainly for pleasure, or is it a necessity?

i think its an necsessity to have somthing that brings pleasure and enjoyment .....and with thast in mind i find i use it whenever i can and go on many trips thaty drive the people i work with in shock that i do this .....it makes the deal even more pleasurable for me.... :mrgreen:

I think its a necessity to have something that brings pleasure and enjoyment

That is a great statement !! :clapping:

Both...and some! I ride my bike to work everyday (can't beat 41 MPG versus 20 MPG!). PLUS.....the experience and fun of working on a nearly 30 year piece of machinery and keeping it safely on the road! My daughters have had a lot of good quality family time helping me strip down and rebuild our bike, swap engines, painting, brakes, etc.......and good teaching time for them which I believe gives them confidence in doing something they have never done before and enjoying the results of their work!

I ride to work every day that the weather allows me to. It's part economics, but mostly it's because I like to. :mrgreen: On the flip side, I rarely ride on weekends. That's my time wid Mama, and she prefers A/C to bug splatter... :smilie_happy:

My riding is mostly for pleasure to unwind.
Occasionally I use the bike for easier parking on errands but I get the most enjoyment from my kids.
My son was the first to be my riding partner. He's now more interested in his online gaming but now my 7 year old girl is VERY excited that her feet reach the foot pegs now so she can ride with Daddy.

That quality time makes all the time I spend on the bike priceless!

When gas prices rise to $3/gallon+ then riding the Wing to work approaches economic necessity. However, as noted earlier, riding for stress relief is definitely a psychological necessity.

:hi: Riding for me is a "necessary pleasure" I also get a kick out of pulling up infront of a coustmers house on the wing with a screwdriver and pliers to do plumbing..they think i am crazy... :smilie_happy: but i have already determined the problem and brought the tools needed :good: soooooo all of the above are right :music2: :party: :heat: sometimes I am so good i suprise myself :swoon: :smilie_happy: :heat: :party: :yahoo: :eek:k: Bob

I use mine for commuting to work. My wife and I work at the same hospital, but my shift starts an hour before hers, so I get to ride everyday. :party:

Lately the wife is talking all the time about riding, in fact we have a cruise scheduled with her boss and her boyfriend again this weekend. :rocks:

~O~

My daily commute is 60 miles round trip and I ride my bike year around, except the week we have our yearly snow storm, or if it turns cold enough to have frost on the road over the pass. I sold my Bronco, so my motorcycle has again become my only transportation, because I leave my service van at the shop and only drive it home if I have a job close to home late in the day or early in the morning.

Omega Man":1m3ahytg said:
Lately the wife is talking all the time about riding, in fact we have a cruise scheduled with her boss and her boyfriend again this weekend. :rocks:

~O~

I wouldn't be happy if I found out that my wife had a boyfriend!! :rant:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CBH":8nty2lh3 said:
Omega Man":8nty2lh3 said:

~O~

Dang, beat me to it...I ride to work everyday. It keeps me sane.

AApple":343rpqe5 said:
I ride to work every day that the weather allows me to. It's part economics, but mostly it's because I like to. :mrgreen: On the flip side, I rarely ride on weekends. That's my time wid Mama, and she prefers A/C to bug splatter... :smilie_happy:

I agree with AApple here... momma likes the ac.. I do too!! but it is a necessity for me.. cost vs drive.. and the fact that out of 365/6 days a year we CAN ride and the occasional sprinkle or shower still makes for 328 riding days..more if you can brave the elements.. ( i don't ride into work in the rain but will going home ( night shifter and I am changing when I get home anyway)...

this time of year the wingis the machine of choice from trips to the super market to going to work if it will fit on or in the wing the van stays home. i'm thinking about getting the cooler bag that goes into the saddle bag and remember eggs need extra cushioning under them, make sure all lids and tops are on tight. how about alternitave transportation

CBH":2sei4uot said:
Omega Man":2sei4uot said:

~O~

Would be alright if I could have a girlfriend and equal time :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Latest posts