fork seals-what brand?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed the all-balls seals?? guess they have a lil different design and i wonder if anyone knows if they would be better or worse on a slightly pitted/1983 machine,,.. also need to run it w/leak,,, for a while ,, probably to look in my clymer on how to add sum oil, maybe taking a trip to mi. thanx

I have always ended up regretting using any seal other than OEM on any bike. I have some aftermarkets on a Suzuki I need to replace now that are less than a year old. OEM seem to hold up the best provided there are no other issues that cause them to leak.

I put in some of those All Balls seals and the one started leaking. It lasted just over one year. So I put in the oem las summer, so going on one year now and it's still good.

Roger

I would add that my OEM seals have been in for nearly 4 years and almost 18,000 miles without leaking. It was worth it to me to use OEM and they were real easy to replace.

thanx,, and if they r easy,,, better yet,, .. maybe even try my slightly pitted fork... keeep plenty of air on it... I thought i read where sum guy flew in that knew how,, and it took the two of them the full day to do... i've worked w/ hyd. ,, sum,,, just rebuilt a big cycl . on my dozer this winter... thanx again

A parts bike I picked up recently came with a new set of EMGO fork seals but I hear they are pretty poor quality if anyone wants to try them send me an address and you can have em for the cost of shipping (still in the package)

I installed a set or Pyramid seals..about two years now no problems but I agree OEM is the way to go usually.

1060dsl":d43vyiui said:
A parts bike I picked up recently came with a new set of EMGO fork seals but I hear they are pretty poor quality if anyone wants to try them send me an address and you can have em for the cost of shipping (still in the package)

have a taker for the seals !