front master cylinder

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth0941

Reaction score
I am in need of a front master cylinder. Anyone ever use a universal one and if so is there any thing I should look out for?

Have you considered rebuilding the original? Or is it too far gone? Or not there?

There are rebuild kits and used units on ebay. I don't know how reliable the universal ones are, or how well they fit, but rebuilding one is pretty easy.

I wouldn't hesitate to use just about any master as long as it's sized large enough for the calipers and made to fit 7/8" bars. Some versions may require certain banjo fittings but most will fit and function.

Steve83":1xidj401 said:
Have you considered rebuilding the original? Or is it too far gone? Or not there?

There are rebuild kits and used units on ebay. I don't know how reliable the universal ones are, or how well they fit, but rebuilding one is pretty easy.

I have the original but it will need a complete rebuild. Everything from the brake light switch to the cup to the pump.

Well, I ordered an aftermarket master. It even uses the stock style lever, I will update as to what I think of it after it gets here.

Latest posts