fuel pumps for 1200's?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Came to the conclusion my fuel pump MAY be the cause of my new 84 not running as strong as my old 84. Pump on the old one, pumps much faster than the new one does. :headscratch: RockAuto, has Beck/Arnley 1520775's on close out for $20.09 + shipping, ordered 2 for less than $50.00, little bit bigger, & need to make up a harness to be able to plug & play but 84, 1.8 Prelude was mentioned on this site as an adaptability candidate, if memory serves. Supposed to be here by the 17th, will see how they work out, seems like a pretty good deal to me, if they do. :yahoo:

Installed the new pump, could not find the right connectors for the plug to make up a jumper harness so as not cut the wires on an an old & leaking pump from years ago. Well cut it left enough to splice, solder, & shrink wrap if it's ever repaired. Put bullet type connectors on the harness to plug in, mounted pump. 1/4" hose will stretch to fit the 5/16 fittings on the pump, & spacing is close enough on mount plate to fit the bike. Just a little longer bolts to mount its almost too easy. Seems to be the cure for the problem if the upper end is as improved as the lower end is, will have to go for a longer test ride, away from the city to make sure. Confident enough to order a few more at that price, wife found out about the price & told me to order at least 5 more, says you'll sell them with no problem. (sorry no pics don't know how to use the computer very well at all, takes me forever to type with my 2 fingers)

:good: :clapping: :moped: :salute:
:useless:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

$20.09 For a name brand fuel pump that fits & works well, is FAR from useless in my opinion. :thank_you: But you know what they say about opinions, They're like rectums, Everyone has one & they ALL SMELL :smilie_happy:

The Beck/Arnley pump mentioned does, seems to work well, with in & out hoses on same side like the stock pump. Did not care for the straight through design some have used, this one was used on Goldwings docs for an 1100 if memory serves, there were pumps like this on Rock Auto with the ones i bought to fit an 84, 1.8 Honda Prelude as well.

Finally found some of the stock mfg fuel pump plugs, & connectors, & the same color if the originals were black. :yahoo: Now will convert the other two 1200's over, & put those stock ones in the good spare parts bin for 1200's, with wires & plugs intact. Can now make up a harness to plug & play the electric connections, so one can always go back to the stock pump with no harm done. :yes:

seems we another test pump ....hope this works better than the copycat pump dan tested a few months ago and then started leaking ....seems the one thing that grows hugely in america is the availiblity and market flooding of junk products on the market ....in all forms and ways and quality products are really hard to find .....lets hope your fuel pump is like the c5 products for oldwings

Many thanks Joe, I hope so as well. :thank_you: That said, these pumps are new old stock, made by Mitsubishi, for 84 Preludes, a known mfg of high quality parts. Biggest reason for posting, (knowing some would get on me for no camera,& pictures) was the price of N O S parts. The worst parts of the pump deal, was not all pumps have the mounting hardware, & some were made in Korea. Looking at pics of same, used a piece of hose, with the metal piece that the bolt goes through to hold on the saddle bags, with a piece of inner tube under the hose, & under whole thing. Insulates well, hose takes up enough space when every things bolted down, its mounted more solidly than factory, :yes: & inner tube pieces are not needed, as pump can not move any where close to metal, bolt is tight against spacer holding everything nice & tight. :party:

Part # 81245- 463- 770, (#19) Yes i know a pic is worth a 1,000 words. :head bang: Piece stops the bolt when reached, just like when its used in the saddlebag. Hose expands when squeezed, hole is filled by the hose, & all is tight & doesn't move. :good:

Latest posts