gauges erratic

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Anyone have any issues with the fuel gauge and temp gauge going up at the same time? I replaced the float not too long ago do to not reading and I replaced the resistor behind the gauges too.
The other day I had half a tank and it was showing about a quarter off the left side(running cool) on the temp gauge then as I was waiting at the light the fuel gauge started to rise at the same time the temp gauge did too. It wasn't overheating and I couldn't see a reason for the change in both gauges simultaneously.
Help please! Joe

the instument guages work on 7 volts and i think your voltage regulater is going bad and the instuments are getting full 12 volts making them read high ...im assuming you have macainical instuments and the rugulater is under speedo and tack cluster under the bottom plasket cover it has to come off to get as in off the forks .....nothing big joe but needs to addressed before the guages go bad this is pretty common :mrgreen: