gel seat pad [b]CHEAP![/b]

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
found these nice gel seat pads at walmart in the automotive section(by the seat covers), but I cant seem to find a picture online...
when I have a bit of cash I will buy 2
another gwrra member told me about them... they have used 2 of them all summer. and ride much more than me..
they are waffle gel pads inside a zippered cover with kinda a grippy surface on one side..
holds to the seat well and is large enough to cover the whole seat plus sides
but heres the best part....
$20 each!

I think they could even be trimmed to fit better.
take a look next time your wondering through but dont tell those motorcycle places that sell these things for 100$

detdrbuzzard":32vt6mrz said:
not all walmarts carry the gelpads. the two closest (walmarts ) to my house don't carry them but the walmart some 40 miles away does

A savings of $80 is well worth the ride out!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to go shopping this weekend.

mcgovern61":2q2lp0q0 said:
Jim, are you going to use this in lieu of your sheep skin? BTW, what is your opinion on your sheep skin at this point?
love the sheepskin! its cool and comfortable, but doesnt add much to the padding of the seat..
my saddelman seat is awsome for support, but has drawbacks for me... my BuTT is bigger than the seat was designed. so I have much less posterior on the seat... wich makes the seat kinda hard...
I figuer to use the gel pad and when its hot on long rides I'll use the sheepkin also..
maybe trim the seatpad slightly.. and cut the sheepskin to fit over the gel pad like another seat cover...
or possibly sew on a velcro or tie on with leather strip

dan filipi":16wkl496 said:
detdrbuzzard":16wkl496 said:
not all walmarts carry the gelpads. the two closest (walmarts ) to my house don't carry them but the walmart some 40 miles away does

A savings of $80 is well worth the ride out!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to go shopping this weekend.
i got one of those motorcycle gelpads ( when i got my 1500 wing ) and paid about $85 with shipping so $20 sounds real good and some people stuff two walmart gelpads in one cover. don't bother looking online we've ( GWOF members ) tried all the numbers on the package and get nothing

found a couple of pictures.. but nothing online for ordering...
my aunt is a manager @ walmart ;)

cushiom.jpg

cushio.jpg

Ya got me interested. Got a couple Walmarts I'm going to check. Hmmmm.....Gonna check their website. The ship to your local store for free if available online. I'll post again if I can locate for those that may be interested :laptop:

aslatk":2sx2jwca said:
Ya got me interested. Got a couple Walmarts I'm going to check. Hmmmm.....Gonna check their website. The ship to your local store for free if available online. I'll post again if I can locate for those that may be interested :laptop:
Wouldn't ya know it. Their website is down for scheduled maintenance :doh: I'll check later.

I was taking the recycling out of my storage area last week and came across a very nice full cut sheepskin, it's light blue and does not match the bike ...but the price was right, I can't wait to try it out, the last week of september my bride and I are off to Mt. Rushmore form PA up thru MI, to da YOUPEE, into WI, MN and SD..2169 one way....can't hardly wait to get started!

i made the 40 mile trip to bellville, mi last night and got two walmart gelpads. a single walmart gelpad is not as thick as the m/c gelpad i have but i just got back from a 45 mile ride and found it to be just as comfortable as the m/c gelpad. i didn't put two walmart gelpads in one cover cause i wanted to see how it felt with just one. tomorrow morning i'm going to try the same ride with both walmart gelpads and let you know about it

britman":23vhqgq8 said:
Hey detdrbuzzard what state is the Belleville in you went to as i have a Belleville 9 miles down the road
michigan, boy that would be one heck of a road trip for you just to get a walmart gelpad. how about i pick it up and meet you half way :mrgreen:

Well, I was able to find one of these gel pads at the walmart here in San Antonio[$20] and it's very nice. I opened it up to have a look at the gel pad inside and it looks just like the one in the photo above, cool stuff, my butt will be much happier on my trip back from KC on Tuesday...Thanks for the post Jim...I really like it and haven't even tried it out on the bike yet...I'll let you know how it works for me on my 800+ mile trip back...

I made my trip back from KC to SA. using the gel pad, it seems to help my butt , I had no saddlesores on my 800 mile journey..Oh and I towed my trailer all the way too... Beautiful weather and ride..I saw a Goldwing on a hill for sale, if I didn't have the trailer hooked up I might have gone up that steep gravel road to see it..It looked clean from the road, It was in Ok. around the Ada area on 377-99 hwy.

last sunday i took a ride, same route as last saturday but i stuffed both walmart gelpads in one cover. it make me sit higher. my inseam is 33/34" and i was on my toes but boy did it feel good. when i got home i took one of the gelpads out and put it back in its own cover and put that one on the 1200 wing for dewey

Latest posts