GL 1200 Battery

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ping123nascar

Reaction score
Going to need a battery soon. I have herd there are several new types of batteries out there saying longer life more juce in the battery.
I am thinking about a gel battery for my 1987 GL 1200. Just posting to see if there is anyone out there with a better idea, before i spend the monEy. I really have no clue which would be better. I ride most every day rain permitting. Any help on this subject I would be plus.

Odyssey batteries seem to have the best rating from us Goldwing nuts although most AGM's are pretty good and no need to ever add water or loosing battery acid on the frame.

https://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680series.htm

The one we use is the PC680 or you could spring the extra greenbacks for the MJ (metal jacket) but that's not necessary.

Typical post. As usual there are enough posts and opinions to make an educated choice.
Don't know which way I am going, but I have some good places to check out now.
This group & site always comes through with the answers!

Thanks everyone :Egyptian: :clapping:

Ping123nascar":1kch7epl said:
Typical post. As usual there are enough posts and opinions to make an educated choose.

Thanks everyone

Well you can always push start it - find hills to park on :smilie_happy:

Myself, I have a good battery but the next time I need one I will buy an AGM

Still riding the Wing right now battery is 4 yrs old and have had to charge it a couple of times this spring. I will replace it soon before I get stranded.

Been there done that. My wife laffed her a$$ off watching me push that monster! I did get it started on the 3rd push after a couple :beer: :beer: lol.

:Egyptian: :Egyptian: My guess interstate, or walmart, they proly will last the same time me thinks GEO :music3: :music3: