GL1000 fuel sending unit removal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make it look soooo easy.... :read:
Wonder about the recommendation of the analog multimeter, tho. Why would a digital meter not work? I've used my digital meter on fuel senders, and it works fine. All I'm looking for is a change. Granted, the analog gives you the needle to watch move, just like a gauge, but the digital could also find a glitch/bad spot that the analog might not see.
Just curious. Thanks for the info you've been posting....visuals are always mo better, especially for slow readers like meself.... :blush: :good:

I had the same thoughts as Aapple. I would trust a digital meter to show any bad spots in the coil more than an analog so my recommendation would be to check it with both types.

AApple":1hhgt9yu said:
You make it look soooo easy.... :read:
Wonder about the recommendation of the analog multimeter, tho. Why would a digital meter not work? I've used my digital meter on fuel senders, and it works fine. All I'm looking for is a change. Granted, the analog gives you the needle to watch move, just like a gauge, but the digital could also find a glitch/bad spot that the analog might not see.
Just curious. Thanks for the info you've been posting....visuals are always mo better, especially for slow readers like meself.... :blush: :good:

The main reason I use the analog over the digital is that the digital usually has a slower response time. 99% of the time I use a digital meter but for this I use a analog, any meter will work but I like to see the sweeping motion on the gauge and the digital will not do that. :rtfm:

Latest posts