• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GL1100 Standard headlight

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveswing

Reaction score
Hey guys I am restoring my 81 wing and want to make it a standard so I am looking for a standard headlight assembly.
So if anyone has one for sale or anyone know someone who has one for sale please send me a message about it. :beg:

I don't know what year these are from but they should fit all years 1100.

The chrome isn't perfect but very good.
Make me a reasonable offer plus shipping.

image.php

That is great I am on a tight budget with this wing, "because I am out of work and rebuilding engine also" but would 30 plus shipping be to little amount?
Thanks again looks good and anything will help, now I just need to start buying gaskets, carb kits, seals, speedo cables, you name it I am replacing. Bike has been sitting for a 7 years and the seals on the engine and gaskets did not look very good so I am resealing and doing it right the first time instead of a little at a time.
I am replacing the clutch also and would really like to replace the stator while it is out and I saw one I would like to get it is a high output stator.
I have it one my wish list on ebay but it is going for 130, but it is a labor of love. :builder:
Thanks again, Steve.

I only need the headlight, would you be willing to sell just the headlight for 30?
Thanks again, and looks just what I am looking for. Steve J.

My wife's grandmother used to call it the "Green Eyed Monster", (Money envy) but I would love to have the set. I also am considering going back to standard with just a windshield, BUTTT, no money! :(

I have a Windjammer Vetter fairing I would trade if you are interested, but if not let me know what your rock bottom is for the set if you dont want to split them up, 50 for the set sound good?
Thanks again Steve J.

P.S. What part of Reesda do you live? I lived on Santa Rita rd in Encino just west of Ventura blvd years ago, and my Uncle lives in Tarzana on Wilber ave. My cousins Ray and Kirk Hanson still live down there, maybe you know them?

what dan has is pretty nice and worth a lot of money ...and i wouldnt break up the set either .....all you have to do is check e-bay for that .....it seems like the perfect deal for you being right there in cal. sometimes you have to know the deal has bigger benifits .....hope you guys can come together wha t a huge part of going naked and all the spare parts you would have ....hope you guys can work it out :mrgreen:

Well I am sorry but that price is way out of my ball park, been doing my own pricing and have better deals on ebay which I will go to get what I need.
See you later, good luck!

That is a nice headlight set I think I would keep it as a set also, ones that nice are getting hard to find. I was going to go naked when I got mine because my fairing was cracked quit a bit but I found a good fairing and glad I kept it that way. Although it would be fun to have a naked wing sometimes.

Here is something you may think about when considering your price, I found it in you know where, Ebay.
goldwing tail light.jpg
The price in Ebay was 10.00.
I am not trying to rub it in but just make you see that a fair price is out there if you look for it.
I am sorry if this offends you or anyone else in this forum.

steveswing":yn58lpur said:
Here is something you may think about when considering your price, I found it in you know where, Ebay. The price in Ebay was 10.00.
I am not trying to rub it in but just make you see that a fair price is out there if you look for it.

I'm not offended Steve.

I usually don't Ebay for anything because I know a lot of Goldwing owners I'd rather give them my money directly and not pay the Ebay fees or who will barter parts.
The regular members here know I usually let parts go for less than they are worth.

dan i didnt know you had another 83 ....and how come you decided not to go naked with one or dressed for that matter is there somthing bad wrong with it or just not complete.... :headscratch: :mrgreen:

steveswing":3byw5mxl said:
Here is something you may think about when considering your price, I found it in you know where, Ebay. The price in Ebay was 10.00.

No offence taken, we all hunt for the bargains and take advantage whenever we can, but by the same token I find that trying to create a bargain usually doesn't work. Whenever I consider the asking price to be out of line for my budget I simply look elsewhere....
:razz: :razz: :razz:

joedrum":1n96ppsl said:
dan i didnt know you had another 83 ....and how come you decided not to go naked with one or dressed for that matter is there somthing bad wrong with it or just not complete.... :headscratch: :mrgreen:

Suzie bought this '83 for me in exchange for working on her bike.
It turned out though the engine sat with water in it and has at least one bent valve.
The fairing, bags, mounts etc are all in pieces in my back yard. The PO was in a wreck that wasted the original fairing but he included a spare, different color.

I had originally thought I'd either restore it as an Interstate or make it a Standard but after finding the condition of the engine and body parts so poor I've been parting it out.

dan filipi":1ym4jgis said:
I don't know what year these are from but they should fit all years 1100.

The chrome isn't perfect but very good.
Make me a reasonable offer plus shipping.

image.php

Dan do you still have these, I am looking for a set,