gloves

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what brand mine are, but they are pretty good at keeping my fangers/hands warm. They have long gauntlets that go way past my jacket sleeves to keep the air from blowing up me arms, and they came with wet weather covers that I put on when the weather gets really cold. I'll have to go look and see what they are. I got them at a local bike shop a couple of years ago for around $40, I think. :mrgreen:

Mine are pretty think, and it does make it a little hard to modulate the clutch lever properly sometimes, but other than that, I like them. They have a tag in them that just says "First", and the size. I don't know if it's FirstGear, or who that makes them. They are leather, with a really comfy inside.

I have a pair of winter gloves with thinsulate that were specifically labeled water proof that do very well down to 25 degrees. I haven't yet found any leather gloves with gauntlets that are comparable.

I have a pair of winter gloves with thinsulate that were specifically labeled water proof that do very well down to 25 degrees. I haven't yet found any leather gloves with gauntlets that are comparable.

I"ll have to agree with "SLABGHOST". I bought a pair of waterproof, insulated gauntlets last week at TSC (Tractor Supply Company) for about $12.00. They work better than my leather, thinsulate insulated gauntlets or any of the others that I've tried in the last 40 years. 27 miles,US HWY 30, avg.speed 60 at 28 degrees, just slightly noticed the cold.

I wear my regular riding gloves (unlined deerskin roping gloves) inside an unlined pair of deerskin mitts.

Good to 20ish and reasonable for handling controls.

Gord

PS Nice to be a 'Junior' somewhere :smilie_happy:

I just bought a new pair of Ski Gloves........ they are warm, but , they kill my hands , they are just too thick , and stiff.

Glove liners work for me here in Massachusetts. I've got two types: one are the silvery type that are supposed to reflect heat inward, the other are a blue wicking type. They seem to work much the same. I wear them under either my deerskin gloves or if it's really cold, my faux fur lined gauntlets.