GLWrench needs our prayers- R.I.P. Louis

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C5Performance

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My great friend and co-designer of our new C5 ignition kit is in critical condition tonight.

Louis had been sick the past few days and was getting worse. They thought he just had the flu but ended up his stomach had burst and emergency surgery was needed.

I spoke with his wife Ila and she said he had a 50% chance of surviving the surgery. Louis has diabetes and kidney disease. Currently he is not communicating and is in stable but critical condition. If he survives the next few days they will move him to a larger medical facility in Milwaukee for further surgeries. Infection is the main concern at this point.

Beyond that he will most likely remain in a care facility for an extended time period.

Louis is a great friend, my Goldwing mentor, and the driving force behind every single Goldwing kit we've ever made.
I pray the Lord doesn't need him yet. Louis just retired last year and was looking forward to teaching me more about Goldwings.

Fingers crossed, and Prayers sent...I hate hearing stuff like this about one of our own....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142814#p142814:1rl4eq8o said:
AApple » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 am[/url]":1rl4eq8o]
Fingers crossed, and Prayers sent...I hate hearing stuff like this about one of our own....
+1