• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GoldWing Hondaline Luggage

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a set of Hondaline luggage for a Goldwing. The luggage was fitted to an '83 GL1100 and may fit the earlier 1000cc or later 1200cc versions - not positive. Side bags/locks are keyed alike, rear bag separately keyed. Two keys come with luggage set, one for the side bags and one for the tail bag. Two of the bags show some repaired areas, all bags are serviceable. Racks are complete, no scrapes or bends, could use a good thorough cleaning. $125 Email or PM me if interested.

Attachments

• DSCF8013 (Large).JPG
    DSCF8013 (Large).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF8012 (Large).JPG
    DSCF8012 (Large).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 242
I am not sure if this is genuine HONDALINE ( as fitted to Wings ) luggage. Look at some of the catalog photos of the period and the shapes and lids are all different. Even the mounting frame differs from all those that I have seen. It may be Honda luggage just doubt that it is Goldwing stuff.

Well all I can tell you is the framework fits an '83 GL1100 like a glove and the bags each say "Honda" - I believe them to be genuine Honda accessories made for the stripped GoldWing that was available at the time. The frames are not adjustable, but made to fit right to the mounting points of a GoldWing. All mounting points on the frame are intact, not broken, bent or cracked.

David Mantle":e0utjsrn said:
I am not sure if this is genuine HONDALINE ( as fitted to Wings ) luggage. Look at some of the catalog photos of the period and the shapes and lids are all different. Even the mounting frame differs from all those that I have seen. It may be Honda luggage just doubt that it is Goldwing stuff.
Those are Honda aftermarket bags! Those were one of two types made by Samsonite on behalf of Hondaline in the early eighties. I have the other type:

Attachments

• Restored '82.JPG
    Restored '82.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 226
Either way, that's a heck of a good deal on the stuff! Shipping would be a beech, tho.

David Mantle":kczj846w said:
I apologize - I have learned something new.
No need to apologize! We learn new things ALL the time around here! Even Wing owners that have had their bikes for years! (Me included!)

arksplace":1qmeyus0 said:
Do you have pics of repaired areas? Thanks ; Ken

Ken, you have an email from me through the email you supplied to the forum. I have photos for you. There are repaired areas on the right bag and tail bag only. Left bag has a few scratches. Have photos of them all. If still interested, please respond to my email.
Tom

Hello Tom, I promised I would call you and it got late at work.
The next day I decided to upgrade my OS on the iPhone and things went bad.
But now I am in back in business and sent you a text.
I am still interested in your luggage.
Simba