great find on an 1100 GL

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teal_wing

Reaction score
Been searching the web for forums to join, and this one just jumped right out and said ME ME ME ME :clapping: So I am a new member. My latest bike was acquired from my wife's customer. She has had a Honda Goldwing in her garage for 20 years just collecting dust and wondered if we would like it. The previous owner parked it in 1993 and has not moved it. I went to look it over and bought it. Sorry there are no pictures of her yet as I do not have the bike in my garage. But I can tell you this much, she only has 15527 miles on her, and it is an 1983 interstate, and I only paid $300 for her. I've always loved to have a GOLD WING and now I do.

Welcome from Southern California! Congrats on the great find, and enjoy the new toy! Before you try starting her up, check the forum - there are plenty of things to do first that could prevent serious damage to the engine.

Welcome! That was indeed a lucky find. Do not attempt to start or even crank the engine over until you've checked for rust and other maladies that plague machines in hibernation.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

I`m not sure what kind of pre start advice is here. you`ll need new belts regardless of how nice yours look(align all marks then pull belts), drain the oil and coolant, pull a radiator hose and wipe the inside with your finger, if it is black then your hose is deteriorating.
You`ll need to pull the seat then the fuel sender (carefully) out and drain any old fuel inspect the tank, flush/clean any debris.
New fuel filter and fuel lines.
Most likely the carbs will have stale gas and need cleaned out, not hard but the throttle cables require some finesse.
Battery may need replaced.
Like any Goldwing you`ll have to earn it.

from what I have gleaned already on this forum I know my bike will get the tlc it deserves. there are a lot of people here that have first hand knowledge and are willing to pass it along and I thank them for it. :good: :thank_you:

The last one i got, i think they pulled it out of a chicken coop....it didn't look pretty or smell good either, but it does run real good...1981 gl1100 interstate..lots of work but all orginal..34,000 miles..if i can this my pics to download, i hope to have it on the banner soon. Have fun...and congrats on your ride and joining.

Latest posts