Had to/Time to say Good Bye

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
I know I haven't been a regular here lately. My Old Wing has treated me well. I've always have had a GoldWing in my heart for as long as I could remember. In my 39 Years of riding 28 of them have had a Wing in my garage.
I parted with my Old 78 yesterday. We went on a long weekend ride with a Goldwing group this past weekend & one rider had to stop @ a Honda Dealer in Escanaba MI for a headset cord for his spouse. In there was a 2002 1800. Beautiful orange color. Back in 2002 My bride & I took an orange 1800 for a ride but it was unaffordable @ the time. I still wanted one!
Well I traded the Old Wing for it. Seems the 1800's are now getting into my price range. What beautiful bikes these are! It was like trading up from the Flintstone mobile to the Jetsons! Good news is in 5 years I'll be able to put my collector plate back on it!

Thank You to all who have helped me in the past with issues & finding parts.

Congrats,
The wife will especially love the GL 1800 queen seat (pillion), ability to communicate (tell you her opinion on well, everthing) via on board headsets, and on and on.
And like the old saying goes: If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. So then, happy wife, happy life.

The GL 1800 like every bike has it's own set of shortcomings but the overall package is a throughly proven touring bike winner.

I have some great 2 up touring and trip memories from when I owned one.

Latest posts