Hard to handle when moving around by hand

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoe come I never is a GW with crash bars or road bars . I've heard them called both. I know they have engine guards but crash bars wouldn't let it go down as far if you did drop it.

joedrum":3tostrx6 said:
you north of the border guys are tuff :popcorn: video proof :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
Yeah like they say, no picture or video it never happened :smilie_happy: :fishin:

:smilie_happy: Well i dont have a picture but there is no secret to it I am certain most guys on here can do it, I have only had to do it twice and did not have too much trouble either time. Ive got 50 lbs on the guy in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQhQWT7pNQ

To be honest I had more trouble with the V65 Sabre than the Goldwing. The sabre went down farther, the goldwing was about as low as the one in the video. Right arm is straight (on the grab bar) Left arm is as straight as you can make it (on the handlebar), knees are bent and short backwards steps the first one is the hardest and they get easier. No secret other than use your legs and keep both arms straight.

I made a video a while back and posted it here putting the bike up on the stand.
I think it's in the Visual Tutorials forum.

Now I'd like to see a video of money changing hands with a cop.
That would be a good one!

Left my 1100 running at idle with the choke set to about 2,000 RPM about two weeks ago. Driveway has slight incline and the garage door wouldn't close. Went back in to close the door manually and hear a scraping sound. The bike was sliding backwards sliding the kickstand. I ran towards it and just as I got close the front wheel turned and the bike went over on the right side. Lots of cussing as I hit the kill switch and surveyed the situation. Be damned if I was going to call my son or any other "witness" to my stupidity so for the second time in my life I picked it up using this exact method. It works just fine but still a heavy bike. Bad idea leaving one idling on ANY kind of incline or uneven surface while on the kickstand. Another lesson learned the hard way. I was surprised that the bike sat on the engine guard and saddle bag rail. Nothing else touched the ground, I thought for sure the mirror would be toast but the only evidence of the fall is a couple of scratches on the bottom of the crash bars and you have to look underneath the bike to see them.

Oh, since I didn't take any pictures ..... this never happened. Whole event was over in less than two minutes and I rode away as though nothing happened. :music: