head lights

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1500 wings have two headlight bulbs and the riight one burnt out on my bike. i had to remove the grill below the head light, there only two screws holding it on. the trim above the head light had to be removed also but the screws holding it on are hidden on the fairing behind the mirror trim bracket and the rubber surrounding each mirror. i found it easier to remove the mirrors for access. . there are only four bolts holding the head light unit in place, two on top and two on the bottom. the bottom bolts serve as the mount for the lower grill. pull the head lite unit out and flip it up, you can disconnect the unit from the main harness but you don't have to. disconnect the plug at each light, remove the rubber weather boot, and unlatch the metal clip to get the the old light out. it comes out by the prongs so you don't have to worry about touching the bulb. sorry no pic's it was getting late and i needed this done oh dewey wasn't around to work the camera either

Latest posts