Hello from new Texas member!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corbin makes a great saddle but the price of the 1200 seats have more than doubled since 2000, :roll: when seats were $300, driver back rest $280, $630 for seat alone 2 years ago. :shock:

True enough on the expense of the seat. If I was selling the bike after renovation, I would have found a reasonable original seat. But, I'm going to ride it alot, and keep it a long time, so I felt like it would be worth the 600 bucks. The pipes are shorties from HD (eBay) and they sound great on the ceramic coated exhaust pipes. I've done alot of mods. The center stand was cut off, it's all re-wired and has Dyna E Ignition and Coils. Pistol Pete's did the carbs right the first time. The bars were swapped for shorter bars (mainly because I have monkey arms) and then the cables were all shortened. The speedo and tach faces were redone in white, and generally every part was plated, polished, painted or preened in some way. Brakes all rebuilt, but all original. Rear tail light is off a 79, because I like the lower profile, and I swapped all the winkers for smaller orange/black style. That's about it other than new clutch, lapped valves and cleaned heads and new belts, and swishing all the liquids out a few times. It was a left for dead bike at a bike shop in Dallas so it needed everything checked and reset. There you go. I hope to find another one to save soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169709#p169709:18zpm7p3 said:
Blakewindhammedia » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:05 am[/url]":18zpm7p3]
True enough on the expense of the seat. If I was selling the bike after renovation, I would have found a reasonable original seat. But, I'm going to ride it alot, and keep it a long time, so I felt like it would be worth the 600 bucks. The pipes are shorties from HD (eBay) and they sound great on the ceramic coated exhaust pipes. I've done alot of mods. The center stand was cut off, it's all re-wired and has Dyna E Ignition and Coils. Pistol Pete's did the carbs right the first time. The bars were swapped for shorter bars (mainly because I have monkey arms) and then the cables were all shortened. The speedo and tach faces were redone in white, and generally every part was plated, polished, painted or preened in some way. Brakes all rebuilt, but all original. Rear tail light is off a 79, because I like the lower profile, and I swapped all the winkers for smaller orange/black style. That's about it other than new clutch, lapped valves and cleaned heads and new belts, and swishing all the liquids out a few times. It was a left for dead bike at a bike shop in Dallas so it needed everything checked and reset. There you go. I hope to find another one to save soon.
:good: :salute:
Good luck with your hunt for another worthy candidate to receive all your excellent attention to detail :hi: