Hello from Newcastle UK

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrassBox

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new member located in the UK, Newcastle upon Tyne. Aka Geordie land.
I've owned a 1975 GL1000 K0 for 4 years now. I'm ashamed to say it's sat in the garage gathering dust for the last 3 years. I'm determined to make time and ride it this summer though.
The bike is a USA import. It spent the first 30 years of its life in Colorado.
I found your forum via Youtube and a very helpful video on carb balancing posted by one your members.
Best regards
Paul

Attachments

• P1010733.JPG
    P1010733.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 160
welcome to classic ...so your looking at carbs ....start a thread on your mr. perfect wing ....its looks to have all original parts on it ....im sure we can help get it running good

Howdy and welcome to CGW GrassBox. Super nice bike you have there. I would be interesting in learning the paint code or hearing from you verifying that the color is called "Candy Blue Green Special". I think I have a picture of your bike that I got off the web. My 86 1200 was repainted by a previous owner and the paint codes were not available and I'm trying to match the colors on it for some touch up work.
gl1000 candy blue green special paint color.jpg

Welcome to the CGW Forums, GrassBox!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Really like that color! :good:

Welcome, GrassBox, from Southern California! My first Wing was a '75 - same color as yours, but not nearly as nice! Enjoy the ride!

Me on the '75, way back in '93.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Dan Filipi, thank you for the vid on balancing the carbs. Its running a bit better now.
I'll check the air/fuel mix next. Looking for a vid on using colortune!

Backlander, sorry, I've got no info on paint codes or actual colour name. It's just down as 'blue' on all the paperwork I've got.
Don't think that pic is of my bike!?

DavidMantle, thanks for info on naked wings site.