Help going single

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt really need to look...

ncm_0952.jpg

Plugs showed me that the cutoff valve wasnt cutting off very well, so I need to start turning off the petcock.

Will be watching the plugs as this continues; 3 looked ok to lean, one was definitely lean.

Oldwings being a boxer motor ...leaking carb can be huge...on my DFT carb the passages set up for idle circuit will siphon gas out of the bowl ..so I do drain the carb by turning my fuel pump off till it dies ....might be able to modify yours to seal better maybe ....I’ve got to get one first as I threw mine away ...bad move listening to so called guru people who said it wasn’t needed ...one of the first things I did ...if your is on machanical pump it will take some starter running to fill carb up to start ....now you getting into the meat of this project ...hang in there ....

The spring pressure on my cutoff is minimal, I cant imagine it does much more than slightly interupt the carburetor from running on, and not a real seal.
I may experiment with a plug to save a few milliamps of power.

While I havent missed the electric choke I disconnected, I will be reconnect it with a switch inline so it will be available if needed. Was not needed in the cooler mountain weather.

Latest posts