Help

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1986 gl1200i
Does anybody live in SW Ohio or SE Indiana that could help me work on my 1986 gl1200i? I know just enough to get myself in trouble. I have replaced the stator, the rectifier and the ignition switch. I am currently trying to run down a short in the temp gauge wire. Thanks

I need some expert opinion. I did a lot of work on this bike then had some medical issues. When I tried to get back at it something is stuck. When I try to engage the clutch it doesn't really feel like it is disengaging and the transmission is stuck in 4th or 5th gear. My son came over and we tried pushing the bike to get something to disengage or move inside. All that occurred was the back wheel sliding. I am at my wits end. Is there anything I can do short of dropping the engine again?

A) give your post a better title than just "Help". B) obviously you either know enough to do a couple complex jobs, or didn't know what you were doing and have made things worse. C) location in the title might find local help. D) don't take it to a shop unless you are willing to pay 5x the bike's value for the work.

Latest posts