Hey Kids! second generation, first time GL

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatPhingers

Reaction score
From Eastern Ontario, the farm fields, back roads country livin. Just today, pulled the trigger on a nicely farkled 88 SE. In Dynastic Blue, 107,300 kms.
Dad sold his 84 a decade ago so now I thought I'd continue on with the legacy. I will still be enjoying my 05 Concours for those "spirited rides" with my chums but the SO fell in love with the 25th Anniversary seat with armrest the PO put on The OldWing. Fresh timing belt was just installed this fall so I thinks I should be good for a couple of weeks before any big maintenance items? Looking forward to meeting some good (or not-so-good) lads n lasses out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1979[1].JPG
    IMG_1979[1].JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 160
Welcome from the west coast rock. Engine just broken in. Recommend an OEM service manual. Good on the timing belts. Change the fluids: clutch, brake, coolant. Brake pads as well even if these look good. Time has a way of making brake pads deteriorate. Front fork oil change, and if being done, refurbish fork seals and such, front end will move so much better - bike is 31 years old after all. Check tire date stamp, and change if required. The only other item is the suspension, gets weak-worn out with time. May want to put this as a need to do but not right away.

Have fun. Cheers.