Hi from New Mexico

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krivenbk

Reaction score
Hi everyone from sunny Albuquerque! I just acquired a 1981 GL1100 Interstate in a trade for a 1976 MG Midget that my daughter and I restored to daily driver status over the last two years. I wanted to say hi and thank you for such a great resource. I am sure I will be in need of your wisdom as it is already clear the 'wing' is in need of some attention (refuses to idle without choke). My first bike was a 1980 GS1000 that I rode every day for a couple of years before I joined the Army and headed overseas. I've owned a couple of smaller crotch rockets over the years, but am just getting back into riding after a long hiatus. I'm really looking forward to getting this Goldwing running smoothly and hitting the road this summer to visit my daughter at the Air Force Academy. I look forward to "seeing" you guys in the forums (trust me, I've got a hundred questions to ask already!). Be safe out there...

Welcome from Ca...They are a real pleasure to drive compared to the standard motorcycles, ask the fella when the belts were replaced or just replace them, about the only fear we all have are a belt break, and don't use cheap or used belts, Gates seems to be the standard far around here.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171732#p171732:113dsam8 said:
Krivenbk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 am[/url]":113dsam8]
trust me, I've got a hundred questions to ask already!...

Only a hunnert? That shouldn't take too long... :yes:
:smilie_happy:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Krivenbk!! :clapping:

Welcome from Southern California! Love New Mexico! Lived in Cloudcroft, worked in Alamogordo, spent a night in the Grants hospital after rolling my truck on I-40...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171739#p171739:1xhbsbjm said:
zman » Today, 9:10 am[/url]":1xhbsbjm]
Welcome from Ca...They are a real pleasure to drive compared to the standard motorcycles, ask the fella when the belts were replaced or just replace them, about the only fear we all have are a belt break, and don't use cheap or used belts, Gates seems to be the standard far around here.

zman, besides the carbs, the belts are at the top of my list of things to do. The maintenance records that I got with the bike show the last and maybe the only belt change to have been 20 years ago at about 25,000 miles! The bike now has 55k on it, but the guy I got it from didn't have it for very long (less than 500 miles total) as he couldn't get his wife on-board. Before that, who knows, so, yeah, those belts are coming out of there!

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

And thank you for your service! :thanks:

My daughters and I restored our '82 from outdoor barn find to the long distance rider we have had so much fun on! :yes: :moped: