HI MY NAME IS TERRY AND I JUST BOUGHT A 86 ASPY

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWPRO

Reaction score
This is my first bike and I allways wanted a Goldwing. Looked long and hard to find one at the price point I was comfortable with as if my wife dont like riding I wont keep it long.(We both work long hrs and dont need any more alone time.)
I found a 86 1200 with 36000 miles on it, it has always been stored inside and looks like new. I am concerned however that if I was to need parts for it that due too Honda not making ignition parts any more I could lose valuable riding time as our season is short up here. I guess I'll just hope for the best.

Learn to ride it well before you take the wife with you. Finding parts isn't that difficult yet and we've sourced alternatives for some parts already.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102433#p102433:2a48agmh said:
TOWPRO » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:53 am[/url]":2a48agmh]
I found a 86 1200 with 36000 miles on it, it has always been stored inside and looks like new. I am concerned however that if I was to need parts for it that due too Honda not making ignition parts any more I could lose valuable riding time as our season is short up here. I guess I'll just hope for the best.
maybe for the few injected models, you also have easy access at the front of the motor, unlike the 84 1200

easy to get spare ignition parts for an 86 aspy and easy access

Latest posts