Hmmm...Food for Thought.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should open up a need for many jobs keeping the glass clean :smilie_happy:

But seriously, interesting ideas but who's going to pay for it.

If our society would just invest in green technologies we currently have available and perfect them we'd be in a much better position providing for future generations.
This would require our government would have to pull their heads out of their axx. When will that happen?

This would require our government would have to pull their heads out of their axx. When will that happen?[/quote]

Aint that the natual position

Imagine how much fun it would be to drive on with a bit of oil and rain on it. :smilie_happy: There'd be a lot less traffic soon. :mrgreen:

It's nice to see people thinking outside the box. Imagine what people thought about early railroads, "your telling me you want to put 2 rails of steel on the ground from coast to coast!?!" Now I realize that is an overly simplified analogy but one can see my point.

The first thing I thought of was the deep groove carved into the driveway yesterday by a truck that lost a wheel, it's 3" deep. :shock:

~O~

Omega Man":ma9t4wsw said:
It's nice to see people thinking outside the box. Imagine what people thought about early railroads, "your telling me you want to put 2 rails of steel on the ground from coast to coast!?!" Now I realize that is an overly simplified analogy but one can see my point.

The first thing I thought of was the deep groove carved into the driveway yesterday by a truck that lost a wheel, it's 3" deep. :shock:

~O~
Ever do a look up on how we got paved roads in the first place? They said back then, "It will never work!" Tar mixed with rock??? Some of the first roads left a little to be desired. But with ingenuity and perserverance, we got asphalt! (Concrete roads actually came much later).

Up here in the NE, our original roads were cobblestone. (If you don't know what that is...you are really missing out on a fun ride!) Cobbelstone blocks were actually bilge ballast from the sailing ships of the day. They were heavy and deep and when placed on end side by side, they held up great to metal rimmed carriage and wagon wheels.

Drive a car or bike on cobblestone..and you will find out real fast whether your shocks really work or not! :smilie_happy:

Cobblestone roads held up great but the only time they seem smooth is in rain. Man were they slippery! They make a great base for asphalt though. Not much problems with potholes.

thats sure the case ....no potholes.....seems like advancement is a steady road backwards ....wont be long and the wheel will be illeagle to make or use....the club will have already been outlawed to the slaves ...in the name of freedom :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: