Hooch breaks a belt...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some nice shelters ...I’d love to have one ...I’m fixing to order parts ...and have some heads coming also from flip flop....I’m sure it will take some time for all things to get here ...this will give my hands time to heal up ...I can hardly open and close my hands ...I need to do brake work too ..lots of work really hooch bike needs ...just so ran down and ugly...sheesh need new shocks in the rear ...maybe some swing arm stiffening ....turn signals ..wiring in general...and a new look ...seat completely trashed...maybe it’s time to do some work in the direction Flash2002 can do ...not that I could do as good as his work ...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211227#p211227:5gxvlq5u said:
FlipFlop » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 pm[/url]":5gxvlq5u]
I have a seat too if you want it too?
:good: :clapping:

Wow head gaskets are getting thin on eBay ...seems Sabre cycle has won the war on head gaskets in America ... all others come from Poland and other places over seas ......my my my

Well Joe, that's most likely because that's where our old bikes are most celebrated!

The generation of the hardass biker in the US has come and gone.

Now we have the generation that doesn't even know how to change their own oil!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211274#p211274:30z3xse8 said:
chilidawg » 56 minutes ago[/url]":30z3xse8]
Well Joe, that's most likely because that's where our old bikes are most celebrated!

The generation of the hardass biker in the US has come and gone.

Now we have the generation that doesn't even know how to change their own oil!
You got that right on the spot!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211272#p211272:16musdv2 said:
joedrum » Today, 2:35 pm[/url]":16musdv2]
Wow head gaskets are getting thin on eBay ...seems Sabre cycle has won the war on head gaskets in America ... all others come from Poland and other places over seas ......my my my

I thought Sabre Cycles had some issues with their parts. Are their head gaskets any good?

Well there are issues with all head gaskets for oldwings that are not mother Honda ...they have to be filed on one head bolt hole to fit ...this has been the case for a decade and more ...why this is ..I simply don’t know ...you would think someone would change the dam pattering in all this time ..so I’m sure it has other reason ...as far as quality goes the Honda gaskets are just as crummy they just fit better ...

I’d say most of the bad press on Sabre cycle parts ..came from Randakks bashing all competitors to his products ...he was famous for that ..he would bash anyone ...seems he mostly gone now ...and Sabre cycle is still around ...that’s says a lot ....

I did see a few days ago a top end kit that said ..new metal and rubberized head gaskets ..like there different but havnt seen them the last couple days ...I was thinking about trying them ..but the kit was 100$ ...not sure I can go there money wise ...Sabre is just a seller ...but they don’t do returns so that a gamble ..as posted they seem to be the only quick to get head gaskets on eBay and Amazon had nothing I could find ..

Pics...
image.php

Got some parts today from flip flop ..this was originally a head JPwinger collected years ago probably 10 plus years ago ..and went to flip flop when she bought her 1000 from Jerry ...this head on the top side looks great ...the early 371 cam have absolutely not much wear at all ..

image.php

Same with cam carrier no wear ..looking good

image.php

Look at this piece..some one made ...and put in head ...this is a first for me

image.php

Someone had this in the head side below the cam carrier as a spacer where the cam carrier fits the cam alinement ring ...never ever seen this before and have seen a lot ...

Also someone liked silicone to use also ..going to clean this head up some now and check the cambers out ... :builder:

Wow you got them fast! Hope they work out for your needs. Jerry seems to remember they came off a 76 non-runner so who knows how many noob mechanic it passed trough and had wrenches in there before they gave up and parked the bike for parts.

I also seem to remember he (JPwinger) saying he took them off the bike too... I think...

Pic
image.php

Rusty chamber in this head ...also some bad news ..there’s a plug broke off in the plug threads ...sheesh ..hope to get this out ..them check valve seats out hopefully there not pitted ...won’t mattervif plug doesn’t come out clean ...

image.php

Hmmm rusty a lot ... must have held water good at one time :builder:

Lol...it’s mostly bad ..there’s three broke off plugs ..and I have no way to get them out ...have an easy out but there not coming out at all with that ...no way ...unless someone can tell me something that might work ...total shame really as there wasn’t much use on these heads at all ...the good is the cams and carrier are in excellent shape ...but the heads are garbage at this point ...

Also got a seat the good is .. it looks ok ..no rips ..the bad is ..it’s a 1100 seat not sure what it will look like on a 1000 bike ...there shorter by about 2”. And 1100s seats angle back ...and 1000 seat angle forward ...if I remember right I tried this once but didn’t go far with it cause it looked funky like the seat was to long ...but my memory is the biggest liar about me ..I’ll give it a go to use and try harder this time to fit it ...my bike is longer now cause of the 1200 swing arm and that might make it look right ...we will see

image.php

I havnt done that yet ...but I’m going try that maybe today ..I’d say this plug has been broke off like this for decades ...probably galled and the victim of over tightening ..not holding out much hope ..the easy out I used grabbed well ..but no go so far at all ..I can’t hurt it it’s already garbage