How to remove a slow jet?, gold 1983

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didou

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm writing from France.
Does anybody know how to remove the slow jet from the carburetor?
Thank you in advance,
Didou. :builder:

joedrum":3mamdx1z said:
i thought the 83 carbs had all screw in jets :mrgreen:

Actually yes your right Joe. I missed that didou has a '83.
Using a flat blade screw driver for one and a socket or wrench for the other, is it 8MM? can't remember.

Well if the carbs are '83 then they unscrew, could also have an earlier rack that doesn't unscrew. Not sure about '82.

joedrum":30xe55v1 said:
i thought the 83 carbs had all screw in jets :mrgreen:
Joe your are correct 83's are unscrewable, maybe it's a 81 carb? Something fishy going on there..

The 83's are removable, but they have a cap with an arm that prevents them from being over adjusted, there are several ways to remove them, the best is to remove the flout bowl and unscrew them, then you can remove the caps by heating them with a soldering iron or pencil torch this melts the epoxy and they will come off easily. Doing this will allow you to reuse them after readjusting the jets if you wish, most people don't.

fastmover83":fgqu0obn said:
The 83's are removable, but they have a cap with an arm that prevents them from being over adjusted, there are several ways to remove them, the best is to remove the flout bowl and unscrew them, then you can remove the caps by heating them with a soldering iron or pencil torch this melts the epoxy and they will come off easily. Doing this will allow you to reuse them after readjusting the jets if you wish, most people don't.
I'm sorry I meant they are screwable not unscrewable..I'm sorry..I really do know that, but sometimes I type and don't read I'm a goof.. :smilie_happy: