I am fortunate!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
I am blessed that I live in a place where a guy can go for a 150 mile ride on Jan. 2nd.
The micro climate temps today were between 50*F & 65F*.

Lake Margarita
lakemargarita.jpg

Across from Pozo Saloon
acrossfrompozosaloon.jpg

Pozo Rd. "Pavement Ends"
pozordpavementends.jpg

Pozo Rd.
pozord.jpg

I'd feel guilty complaining about the gusty winds. :cheeky:

mcgovern61":2pw9ux37 said:
Beautifil! :music:

Just a tad bit of ice around here:

I'd say "Just a tad." The only place I've ever seen that much ice in one place other than on TV is the "ICE" display at the Gaylord-Opryland Hotel that they have every Christmas season.

dan filipi":3hwx1zho said:
Pozo Saloon looks interesting. Is that a ghost saloon?

That place is actually across the road from Pozo Saloon. I don't know what it used to be. It just caught my attention as I rode past it, so I stopped and took a picture on the way back.

Pozo Saloon is just your typical run-of-the-mill watering hole/cafe type place. It's "someplace" to ride to. You know, always a small group of bikes parked in a dirt/gravel lot with an "open" sign in the window.
I opted to keep on riding till the pavement ended. I shot up the winding canyon dirt road for a little ways before I started wondering what I was getting myself into, and turned around. As far as I went in the dirt wasn't too bad. Mostly second gear.

I need to try to get set up to take some video on the bike.

I would be able to ride this time of year if i was home in Orlando but right now i am in Denver where there is Tons of snow and ice

I can now say ive seen snow :mrgreen: