I have had it with this stuff

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
I am so done with this so called moly paste 60 crap, it turns to liquid man, I used some other type grease [multi purpose and it sucked to] so I did some reading and Joe Drum popped into my head while I was doing this reading because it said that this grease was good for farm equipment, I remember Joe saying he worked on farms some, So I always knew that Lucas was a good product, I went down to oooo'Riley's and bought some of this extra heavy duty grease...I'm going to try it out fella's and I shall report my findings.. Now the young man at the counter and I were talking about this stuf and he said he uses it, I told him the moly crap I used turns to liquid and his reply was , well, this stuff won't, hell yes I'm gonna try it..Here's a photo because I like to post photo's when I read a post..I can tell you this much, this is some thick ass s--t man..

If you don't have some dirt under your finger nails then you ain't a half ass mechanic..Sound like Dan has had it too...ha ha Damn I love this site.. :Egyptian: I am a major half ass mechanic.. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: along with half a dozen of you guy's too..

I dont understand the problem.
Is it thinning out on your shelf?Or dripping down the wheel?
Please elaborate,I have always used HONDA moly 60 on all my shaft drive bikes with no issues,but have heard many a horror story from others who have tried cheaper/more availble options.

LUCAS is a great product,that I am a dealer for,but I tend to be anal about using the right stuff for its entended purpose.

Tory, if this is a knock off of the original that's probably why, I have never in my life time had a problem with grease turning into liquid and yes sir, it was running down the wheel lacing my rim and tire.. freakin made me upset...so I am changing to some totally different..and or off the wall..

I bought some moly lube in a tube, too, when I did my rear tire the first time. Worked fine. Then, this last time I put a rear tire on, I used the same stuff....and every dang bit of it wound up on my tire/rim... :headscratch:

I have been using #2 bearing grease for marine trailers with great results! Never liquifies, holds up the higher temps, provides great lubricity and has been staying put since I installed it three years ago.

Ok fella's I have put down a few good highway miles on my ginger, I just inspected the rear wheel area, I see zero evidence of any grease slinging out of the casing onto the wheel, I am very pleased with the results...The guy at the O'riley's was right.. It says it won't sling grease, I was generous with it too. So it's a good report..I have several hundred miles on it in extremely hot conditions...

Yes I am thinking of removing the wheel soon and inspecting it..I shall let you guy's know my findings on what it looks like..I might even take a photo..I gotta say though, it's a heck of alot easier to remove my rear wheel with my RockumSockem ramp stand thingy I made that's still in KC...Man, that thing is worth it to me..

I too went to O'Riellys and the kid at the counter had to call the main office in springfield to find out what it is.
He then told me to order online, Ha.

Anyway the motorcycle shop sold me some Bel*Ray waterproof grease, has anyone tried this grease, or should i clean and replace the bel ray??
thanks from a newb..
G George

Latest posts