I'm going to try a new fuel filter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
I read somewhere that this filter is good to use on the 1100 Goldwings probably others too, I shall investigate this, I made a purchase today for it here's a photo...Got it at NAPA auto parts..#3011 universal fuel filter...View attachment 2View attachment 1 I can't take credit for this but I can sure show it and test it..and I will let you know...I like showing the box and stuff, I like telling someone something then showing them instead of just writing it out, that's so boring... :clapping:

Beave,

Just be careful not to tighten up the filter retainer clamp too much... the new NAPA filter is a bit bigger than the EMGO filter and you might crack it or stress it and cause a hairline crack that could leak and spill fuel out onto hot engine (VERY BAD THING).. so just make 'er snug and put a drop of loctite on the threads to keep the clamp screw from loosening up after snugging it up...

I use the NAPA filter on my GW and they are preeemo... the specs are better than the OEM ones for filtration AND flow rate...

And best of all, they don't deteriorate and clog up your carbs like the EMGO ones do...

Rich

I have the clear, replaceable filter element on mine. So far so good. Easy to see if there is any doo-doo in it, and easy to change/clean the filter element. Came with three elements, and a few different fittings, for different sized fuel hose. :good:

Thanks for the tip. I have to do the same thing with Bobo. His gas tank and sending unit are the worst I've ever seen, just like the carbs that are now rebuilt/clean.

So, I'll test start him soon with a gallon of gas and a new filter like you suggest. I can only imagine the amount of crap that will fill the filter! This winter his tank is coming out while working on the rear end (esp. the splines) and I'll give it some type of treatment (sandblasting?, wet-sand rotation technique? Not sure yet, but the bike sat with fuel in it for 10 years, so it's really bad) and then use a tank sealer if all's sound. I did this on a Suzuki GS850GL about 20 years ago and it worked fine until I sold it about 5 years ago.

Latest posts