In Case of Emergency (ICE)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently a group I ride with had a serious incident on a multi-day ride through the southwest. One of the riders was involved in a crash that became life threatening. Fortunately for him, the first 2 responders were in the medical field and kept the rider alive until emergency vehicles arrived on scene. He hit a tree straight on at a high rate of speed. His contact information was (locked on his phone) and the other riders did not know who to call, this resulted in a delay of some hours before contact could be established.
Here's my point. There are many (FREE) apps available for smart phone users for emergency information and contacts. Search ICE or (in case of emergency). If you don't have an emergency card or other form of information on your person after an accident it could result in delays contacting loved ones. There are a lot of other options like Road ID but I have recently found this site https://tag-z.com/ for military type dog tags (2 for $5) and this medical bracelet https://medicalhistorybracelet.com/ that you can upload medical info on.
The bottom line is...have emergency contact information available and on you at all times, exchange information with the other riders in your group before the ride begins.
Sorry for the ramble,

We always have a contact list, each one carriers ON there person well on the ride. Along with posting on web site and of course, wives have it too.

Good stuff, cept the wife part....... :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

I just have dumb phones....they only make/take calls. None of this fancy stuff. Anywho..both Mama and my phones have our info listed in the addy book as "Husband", or "Wife". This way, if something happens, most EMT/Police know to check phones for info like that....at least around here they will. Some folks will put it in as "ICE", but ours just say hubby or wife. It's a great idea, and has been around for a few years, but dang...if yer phone is locked, it's kinda useless, so the exchange of info before a cruise is definitely a good idea. :music:

Then again, you can also have yer names/phone #/addys sewn in yer shorts..... :hihihi:

:good: In our Chapter, most everyone carries a printed list of relevant emergency info on a sheet of paper, rolled up and put in a brightly marked, waterproof plastic tube - all carried in the left fairing pocket. I also am a big believer of ICE info on your phone....