• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Interstate trunk parts...WTB or trade for....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2valve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need a good working spring loaded bottom latch thing-a-ma-jig... or if not that an entire trunk bottom or entire trunk...condition is no problem as long as there are no cracks....I will paint with black truck bed liner anyway...I have quite a few parts for the 1100 including a good straight titled frame that I can work with for trading....pleas, let me know if you have something like that and are willing to unload it....
Brian in NM :thanks:

Sorry Brian I thought I had one but remember now I tossed it because it had some cracks.
Knowing what I know now about fixing them with ABS glue I could have salvaged it, oh well.

I'll keep and eye out for one.

I have a good trunk with all parts. The cloth straps are moldy. The rest would clean up well. Make me a reasonable offer to make it worth my while to pack it up for you. I live near Durango CO 81326.

I can take pix if you want.

Hi Mac, How about I call you and we have coffee like we talked of, when I am up there next and we can talk then about your trunk??????
Kit can't even break away and come down for a spell because of all the forest fire starts and actual fires up there...be safe.
She was able to do a three day solo bike (on her BMW F650 funduro) ride through the Colorado Canyonlands and Arches, etc. last weekend, and it was great...nice solo trip she will write up for Rider mag....
Let me know if that is ok...
Brian

Howdy Brian, thanks for the reminder that this is you. Yes and please when you do come can you take a look at a side car that is down the road and advise me. I will give you the trunk if you come. I'd rather not have to box it up. I finally realized after selling too many things on eBay that my time was spent finding a box and heading in to town to ship it. If something doesn't sell for hundreds of dollars and or fit in a priority mail box it isn't worth messing with on ebay.

Yep I sure often wish I had a 650GS of some kind. Maybe when I finish up this latest project I will swap it for a small bike. I rode my Valk in the Canyon Lands and it was not much fun. A light well sprung bike is the way to go.

So dude I'd be expecting you up here more since your wife is tied down during the fire season. What keeps you occupied in TorC?

Mac, Great ! Thank you in advance....I do agree completely on the ebay statement....completely!

I would be more than happy to help any way I can on your sidecar interest......

So down here there is a great deal of relaxing and doing nothing that needs to be attended to...Someone has to watch the sunsets and sunrises and the light on Turtleback mountain and lately, to take note of the lightening...pretty much a full time job. :ahem:

Other than that,,,this is where I have my workshop and a bunch of good friends and compañeros....plus I definitely need to eat at the Arrey Cafe at least once a week to judge their red chile sauce and see if it is up to standards....and of course there is this to attend:

https://www.hatchchilefest.com/

In a more serious note, our home is here and I need to keep up on maintenance, yard work and when it cools a bit, do some house painting, etc.

I have been concentrating on readying the hack for a winter's journey and it is about ready....

See you in the next couple of weeks though. I have a small VA medical procedure to get taken care of first....
Brian

Great fun..totally Hispanic New Mexican and lots of Folklorico dancing and music, art show, tons and tons of green chile roasting in the vendors area....one year an Italian restaurant in Las Cruces brought pans and pans of green chile lasagna for free samples...outstanding....this is a green and red chile freek's dream!
Brian