It fits....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool

Reaction score
Just an FYI for you guys looking to carry some extra gas on those long trips. Napa #817-4085 2gallon gas can is on sale , I think nationally for like $9.00. It fits perfectly in the side hard bags on my 83 Interstate. So that's 4 extra gallons of piece of mind just in case. And it's protected inside the hard case. Happy traveling brothers......(and sisters!)

dan filipi":1mbjbs63 said:
joecool":1mbjbs63 said:

Why though?
I wouldn't think there's any place in the U.S any more without gas stops within 20 miles from anywhere.

Colorado, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas etc.
If you take back roads sometimes you can go a long ways in between...
:smilie_happy:

you've obviously never traveled I-40 from AZ going east......there's a place I'm told between Santa Rosa and Abilene that is about 250 miles and no gas stations

I'm sorry, that should say Amarillo,TX not Abilene and it's about 175 miles in between with no stations.

There are 2 places that I have encountered places with large gaps between services.. :swoon: the first one was in 86 returning from a 3 month stay in Oklahoma City, we stopped at Lake Havasu for some sight seeing. When leaving the temp was 117 deg. about 4:30 in the evening and the gas gauge went to empty, the temp gauge went to "0" the oil went to "0" and the sign on the Interstate said "NEXT GAS 125 miles. I thought I had a full tank. That was the longest 125 miles I have ever driven... when I got to the next service and filled up, I still had a 1/4 of a tank left. :eek:k: Thought mabe I had gone through a time warp or something. :smilie_happy: Turned out that when the temps got so high the gauges would be affected. Had that Happen 3 more times before I sold that truck.
The other place was (no "is") in Oregon 0n 20 between Harper (near Onterio)to Burnes. There is a gas station at Harper and the next gas is in burnes. You used to be able to gas in Juntura (I know because my parents used to won one of the 3 station that were there) However since 62 all the stations have closed. Juntura had a population of 110 in 58 when I moved there and it is smaller now. I graduated fron Harper High School in 58 and go back every 5 years for a reunion. (all 10 of us) :lazy: :party:

I wonder if it fits my 82 saddle bag. I guess 83s' are bigger.
Maybe I should look for 1 gallon containers I can put in the bottom of the bags. That will give me peace of mind.

$34.00......for a gallon container? I'll stick with the Napa 2 gallon for under $9.00. Even the one gallon ones have the same width, they're just lower.

not sure if they have 1 gallon or not but the one's I saw elsewhere all had the same width base.