It Sucks Getting Old!! Don't Do It!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:smilie_happy: +1 on the shirt!!

For me, it is the knees. Had one operated on and both drained and injected with new snovial fluid which is working great! BUT, I cannot get on my knees to work on cars anymore. Touch the ground with my knees and they blow up like balloons. :cheeky:

I'm 65, to be 66 in a couple of months and I guess I have been blessed. I can still do most things and still refuse to let anyone else work on my car, truck, boat, and especially my bike. I'm an old almost retired mechanic that honestly doesn't feel my age yet.
I do feel for you guys that have health issues that prevent you from doing what you enjoy or were once able to do with no problems. Over the years I know of many guys that had to leave their profession due to physical problems and that really sucks.
I wish you the best.

I agree growing older sux. As I gain the knowledge to perform the tasks to restore my wing, or do major engine work on my van, my body tells me the joke is on me. I know what to do, it just takes way too long to do it now.... I changed the transmission, rebuilt the top end, and repaired the entire cooling system on my van, it ONLY took me 13 months to do it. I have a prosthetic leg, and had major back surgery during that time. It's natures joke on us to know what to do and have more and more physical limitations. And try having a teen help you.... now I get how my parents felt....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126647#p126647:2c3247iv said:
OldWrench » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 pm[/url]":2c3247iv]
I know the voices aren't real...but they have some really cool ideas

You mean they aren't real, I was sure they were. Now who do I talk to when I'm by myself.
:smilie_happy: So I says to myself. Myself I says!!!.......... :hihihi: