It's 9:58pm and I'm home from the ER.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lower back problems that are causing sciatica flares from hell. Toradol, Atvan, and Dillaudid have calmed(just calmed) the pain to decrease to the point I can sit in a chair. Luckily I had picked up my back xrays up for my very first consult with a spine guy tomorrow, so we did n't have to take new xrays at the ER. I worked through that same pain this am before I went to work it took from 3am - 700am, but I got there only a half hour late. I rode to work as always w/o any pain...I wonder if I can talk my new doc o=into a riding therapy program. :smilie_happy:

~O~

:hi: Sorry to hear about your back problem...... I Hope and pray that it will get better soon...I tried once to get Dr. to give me a prescriptipn for a Hot tub to help with some pains that i had....He just laughed...... we are all pulling for you :party: keep us informed Bob

:cool!: maybe a little ATF will do the trick :salute: :salute: Yeah I know that,s not funny but thought maybe a little chuckle mighht brighten up your day :yes: :yes: :yes:
Winger 82 :hi:

Hey hope ya get that back under control

Winger 82":imnam4oy said:
:cool!: maybe a little ATF will do the trick :salute: :salute:

Its true!! ATF will work for this!! NOT!!!

I hope you are out of pain real soon ~O~! Praying for you and no re-occurances! :yes:

OMG ATF! :smilie_happy:

Well it's a herniated disc, now I get to play the athorization game before I get my MRI. Going to have to work through this pain, not sure how this will work...it takes a fair dose of pain meds to allow me to function.

How come I feel nothing when on the bike? been dealing with this for a week now and rode to work yesterday w/o pain at all...then again I was in the ER a few hours after work.

it's just not fair, old girlfriend is more fun than ever to ride right now.

~O~

Omega Man":12nyxqyh said:
How come I feel nothing when on the bike? been dealing with this for a week now and rode to work yesterday w/o pain at all...

~O~

My brother had a herniated disk and said the same thing, NO pain when riding. Said his back never felt better!
Would be a good question for the doctor why that is.

' old girlfriend is more fun than ever to ride right now '

Does your new girlfriend know about this? Or even worse, your wife?

Better be careful what you put on the internets- 'cause it's there forever!

Seriously, though, I know just what you're saying- I've got a pinched nerve in my neck that gives me charlie-horse cramps up and down my back- it comes and goes. I've been having some problems with it lately, but my back feels better after a ride, not worse-

Try and find a Dr. who rides- there's gotta be a lot of them....

dan filipi":22q5qzey said:
Omega Man":22q5qzey said:
How come I feel nothing when on the bike? been dealing with this for a week now and rode to work yesterday w/o pain at all...

~O~

My brother had a herniated disk and said the same thing, NO pain when riding. Said his back never felt better!
Would be a good question for the doctor why that is.

I feel youre pain,been going throught he same thing for quit a while.But feels fine on the bike.
I have been jumping through all the insurance hoops for a year now(physical theropy,cortozone shots,physical theropy,diet...) with no good results.When the finally said surgury was the last option I said not now.And have gone a differant direction with a cyropractor.
At this point I have started decomprsion theropy and have been finally feeling good results.

I here way to many back surgurys and fusings gone wrong,and the sucsess rates are not good enough for me to take that chance.

Hang in there OMEGA MAN there is a way to fix it is just might take a little time!!!! :builder: I Know haw hared it can be I'm recovering from a stroke and can't even think about riding our vagas roads right now but we will both get right soon now the weather is getting cooler as soon as my eye sight getts right and your back getts right both of us will be back out there dogeing the cagers that didn't see those big o-wings our prays go with you!!!!!! :music: :music:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: you guys have talked about back pain so much that my Chiropractor just sent me an email for an appointment :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: No its true ..... I spent 2 years in treatment every week at a cost of :fiddle: :fiddle: :fiddle: any way I guess he wants to go th Hawaii this year because he wants me to mape appointment $$$$$$$...I am going to forget his number....he already has mine.....any way i feel for all with back pain......and those recovering from hart problrms.... I ben there....done that.....din't need no more.....God be with all of you going through it now....BOB :heat: :eek:k: :yahoo: :whistling:

Oy, back pain. I have been there and I keep doing that. If your doctor advises surgery, do a LOT of research before you agree. It definitely has mixed reviews.

sorry to hear about the Back Pain O-Man ........ but , been there and done that , I have had 4 back surgerys , the first 3 ....( so , so ) but the last one..........they removed 3 disks , put what they call cages in there .....and a rod on each side and , plates and screws...... BUT, it helped a LOT. but as you say , riding a bike was one of the GOOD things for me too....... I think it's because you kinda sitting UP , and if you want to talk about bad, that is Getting in and out of a LOW or Small car...... killer. :fiddle:

I ruptured my L5-6 almost 2 years ago. Ended up having Micro-Discectomy where they went through a small hole in my lower back and chewed up and cleaned up the ruptured disc. I could not stand or walk into the hospital, but I walked out after out-patient surgery and never had any related back pain since.

Hope you can find a satisfactory solution also.