Joe's new motor?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been poking around for motors. I'm seeing a lot more 1000 motors than 1200's. I didn't expect that. Definitely needs to be a 1200, huh? I'm 99.9% sure I know the answer to that question since the last Hooch motor will be a tough act to follow...but I have to ask.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201575#p201575:1okq9n6p said:
joedrum » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:37 pm[/url]":1okq9n6p]
At one time I had a life time supply oldwing parts...and about four bikes close to road ready or road ready...
Joe, I have pictures from your collection from inside the dog house. If you want, I could post them. I just didn't want to stir up old stuff for ya.

I have access to an old 1200, but the shop wants to get rid of the whole bike (it's in pieces) in one go. I don't have room for storing it, or I'd scoop it up and send the engine. No idea if it works, or could work at all. . . I can also get my hands on about five 1100's of various conditions. . .

Yep the doghouse was an oldwing project house that was going to last me the rest of my life ...there were many first done in that building as oldwings go ...I’ve always been fascinated with the 1200 motor used with the early 1000 cams and the bigger valve heads ....se3ms I’m really the only one whose gotten this combo to work at its top level ....it was a long road to piece together the parts to make all this work ....it was very unfortunate that I screwed up my bike in the end trying to use copper head gaskets ....lesson learned ....my bike is a totally one of a kind deal in many ways besides the motor ....and it log many miles before I trashed it ....just looking to get it back to top shape again ....loosing my shop to a bunch of worthless hillbilly Jews has been a blessing in some respects ...at least now my kids see these people for what they are snakes in the grass ready to steal and manipulate others as the greatest assets of life ...and it’s a same our system seems to back this kind of people over decent people ...just look what going on today in this country wher people blatantly break the laws and nothing is done to them ....but the good people are always held accountable and falsely accused....but here it doesn’t work that way ...as here we have people willing to help and do good ...I am overwhelm by what this forum is and it doesn’t have to sell it’s image it just is what it is ...thank you all for being just being you guys ...

Ok found a motor ..the motor julimike54 found for me several months ago ...I finally got in touch with the guy ...he’s still been holding the motor for me ...the motor is an 84 1200 motor ...so the price is 200$ .....so now I just need to get the money together and go get it ....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201596#p201596:3f5i4bwa said:
wilcoy02 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm[/url]":3f5i4bwa]
Joe do you have a paypal account?

That would be the simplist and fastest.

In any respects someone get a place to help asap.
keep me in the loop please. i'll kick some in as well.

Latest posts