Just Voted!!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many don't feel their vote counts. Others feel it doesn't matter who is in office. Then we get those who do vote that haven't a clue what they are voting for or a reason why. :head bang:

the other side of this is the people we vote for as you said .......then we get those who vote on bills havnt a clue what they are voting for or a reason why :head bang:

:mrgreen:

Yeah but everybody should pay attention to what's going on and who says what because it really does matter---
It's frustrating because most of the time they say one thing and do something else and most of them have to be on the take because money is what gets you elected- but to say voting doesn't matter is like saying democracy doesn't matter- voting is a lot better than letting the guy (or gal) with the biggest gun take it all or let the money rule us all- VOTE !!! IT MATTERS !!!!

for years I felt my vote didnt matter.
I do care about government and want the best for our country.
last few years I'v been noticing more the low numbers of voters... 30-40% in some cases...
that is scary stuff...
so I'm casting my ballot each chance I get now.

Voting is only step one! :head bang: :help:

We are a Republic, that means it is a representative government system. Our voices are not only supposed to be heard on election day or through clever campaigns, we are to let our representatives know what we agree with and do not agree with throughout the course of the year. Although, for whatever reason, this is not something we do and we end up letting our representatives go in and get influenced by their fellow representatives and party leaders to their agenda only. Trust me, when you write and call your representatives and make your voices known regardless of their party affiliation, you will get a response (I always do!).

:hi: I usualy vote absentee...However on election day for the last 5 years I have dropped in the box at the polling place as I am there all day anyway.....I know what you are all saying and agree with it all...People should go to other countries and then they would realize how fortunate they are to even have a chance to vote :help: :help: ...Maby then they would study the issues and check out the candidates :lazy: :lazy: :read: :heat: .....the past two election I saw 30 to 50 year old people who came to vote for the first time in there life, and they were voting the way there party told them to vote :rant: :rant: ....Sad....At the rete were are letting the Government take away our rights, money and manage our medical we will not receive our checks directly from our employere...they will come from the government after they decide if we have anything coming to us (after they get their share) :crying: :crying: :fiddle: :fiddle: :heat: :Awe: :beg: Bob

'The government' is nothing but the votes of people like us. We elect people who make laws and regulations that are (hopefully) for our benefit. If we don't like the kinds of laws and regulations ' the government' makes, next election we vote for somebody who says they will do things more the way we see it. That's democracy. That's why it matters if you vote.
Yes, for every vote cast there is somebody saying that the 'other' side was mis-informed, brainwashed, just plain stupid, anti-American, or whatever... And I agree! It is one of the greatest things about our democracy- we are allowed to disagree- when we are not allowed to disagree, that is when we will cease to be free. We are a democracy and all American citizens are allowed to vote for their choice on the ballot.
I say that if voting doesn't matter or some American citizens are more entitled to vote than other American citizens we are not a democracy anymore. 'The Government' isn't black helicopters it is us. VOTE !!! IT MATTERS !!!!