Leading link forks vs telescopic fork

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalamata

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone out there has knowledge or experience with leading link forks and telescopic forks. If so, what is your opinion about it. Which you consider to be the best for GL1200 and why? Why most of motorcycles with side cars end up with leading link forks?

Everyone opinion is welcome.

All I know about leading link is what a friend, suziesidecar told me and that is you DO NOT run it as a solo bike. It's dangerous.
She said it's real squirrely and hard to handle.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85042#p85042:1c2c6vec said:
joedrum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:21 pm[/url]":1c2c6vec]hmmmm I always heard lesdimg link front is better than telescopic forks
I have no experience but Suzie is pretty sure about that.

I think you are both right,Most sidecar guys like a leading link,but the ones provided for a sidecar rig change the rake making it good for sidecar but bad for two wheeling.Kinda like an easy steer triple tree,it to changes the rake for trikes and sidecar rigs but is not to be used on a two wheeler.

A leading link while maintaning the stock rake may be preferred by some but I personally think the teloscopic fork is simpler.