Looking for dual intensity LED lights.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richardrwg":25h0fc7o said:
Check out your local "pep-boys" auto parts store. I converted both my single and double intensity bulbs (1156 & 1157) to LED's. They also have other size bubs in LED as well. I've yet to find anyone else who ahd the supply of these bulbs to match them. If they don't have the exactone you need, they also have what you need to change the plug type.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

dan filipi":34so4iqh said:
I dont know if dual intensity LED's even exist yet but I remember reading how to make a single LED dual element in a sense by installing a resistor. I'll see if I can find the info.

Hi Dan,
Yes duel intensitity led light bars are available.I purchased the smaller ones in red they are running lights high intensity,and when i apply the brakes they flash 5 times and stay on as long as you are applying the brake. I installed led amber tursignals. This was custom made by me.I removed the stock lamp 1157,took the turn signal light bar,sanded the edges down at a 40 degree, so they fit the holder. The under bike show leds are blue,they i found on JOEFLORIDA.COM. Custom Dynamics.com have the duel intensity light bars.
Here is the video of my light bars,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519-zV0Tz8Q
Here is the video of the blue lights and the rest of the lights at night,,,,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeyqPvgp8s

Price is not bad, and the results ,well you be the judge.
Enjoy
luv2ride

p/s I havent done anything with the 1157 turn signals up front on the fairing,but they will be changed soon,and i will post my brain storm. I played with a 1157 led cluster,but it just wouldnt work,why,not sure,need to check further..

this a realy nice setup you did luvtoride im blown away .....i will diffinutly do somthing like this reminds me of the old mercury cougars 67-68 with there turn signals.....great setup.... :good: :eek:k: :yahoo: i like it...

Oh YA!!! :clapping: Luv them turnin signals, for sure!
I been looking at some red led light bars similar to those to put on my trunk, and saddle bags....this may have just convinced me to do it!
Thanks for sharing the info, and the vid, luv2ride!! :good: :yes:

btw...the diagram in the post for making the lights dual intensity is No longer there.... :crying:

WOW those are awsome!
when I changed out the incandescent bulbs on my bike I lost the turn signal canceller , it just dont work. even after I added some resistors to slow the blinkers.
so since I have the charging system sorted pretty well I'm going back to incandescent for the time being.

I love my self cancel signals, one of the neatest features built into the bike.
Once I got used to them and how they worked I'd miss it too much if they didn't work.

I think more load would have to be added to make it work with LED's.

AApple":3f0xpzho said:
Oh YA!!! :clapping: Luv them turnin signals, for sure!
I been looking at some red led light bars similar to those to put on my trunk, and saddle bags....this may have just convinced me to do it!
Thanks for sharing the info, and the vid, luv2ride!! :good: :yes:

btw...the diagram in the post for making the lights dual intensity is No longer there.... :crying:

Hi Joel,
Just to let ya know.I did'nt change anything ,or touch the auto cancelling switch.I pretested the turn signals and no problem,so go ahead,just do it.....Have fun
luv2ride

Glad ya liked the vid,making some more,experimenting with the head light,changing to hgh intensitity leds with high and low beam...soon

dan filipi":po7kfjju said:
I love my self cancel signals, one of the neatest features built into the bike.
Once I got used to them and how they worked I'd miss it too much if they didn't work.

I think more load would have to be added to make it work with LED's.

Hi Dan,
no,you will still have the auto cancelling,the leds that i used is load enough,not a problem...the strobimg turn signals have their own electronics and all i did was to connect them to a hot,and the turn signal wire and ground(negitive)